Orioles Summer Music Series

Going Underground

33 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

We have the one token guy from Baltimore performing. As in Token ,like the guy from South Park 

They should have gotten one of the bigger Baltimore bands to play. Someone like  Animal Collective, Beach House, Yeasayer, Snail Mail, Wye Oak, Future Islands.

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

They should have gotten one of the bigger Baltimore bands to play. Someone like  Animal Collective, Beach House, Yeasayer, Snail Mail, Wye Oak, Future Islands.

Beach House just played the Hippodrome with Dan Deacon on June 11th.The Orioles are not giving them the kind of money they can make at the Hippodrome for a paid show.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Beach House just played the Hippodrome with Dan Deacon on June 11th.The Orioles are not giving them the kind of money they can make at the Hippodrome for a paid show.

They could afford Dan Deacon. But you never know someone might do it for less money because of the event.  

All joking aside the lack of diversity in these acts is pretty pathetic. And in terms of the indie acts some mentioned (Beach House, Dan Deacon), if they're Oriole fans I'm sure some of them might be willing to do it just for the thrill. You can add Wye Oak and Snail Mail to that list. So many great bands wit local ties and they settle for stereotypical dyed blonde pop country singers. Pathetic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

All joking aside the lack of diversity in these acts is pretty pathetic. And in terms of the indie acts some mentioned (Beach House, Dan Deacon), if they're Oriole fans I'm sure some of them might be willing to do it just for the thrill. You can add Wye Oak and Snail Mail to that list. So many great bands wit local ties and they settle for stereotypical dyed blonde pop country singers. Pathetic. 

I blame Thank God I'm  a Country Boy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

All Time Low are big Oriole fans.Not sure if they would come.They just got some agency to do this.Did find the one guy from Baltimore. Really sad.

In 2004 ,they had a more diverse lineup of acts.This was held in a parking lot that is now that ugly hotel.

Fri., May 7   Pre-Game	 7:35   Cleveland  Lake Trout
Sat., May 8   Post Game	 4:35	Cleveland  The Damnwells

Fri., May 14  Pre-Game	 7:35	Anaheim    Kelly Bell Band
Sat., May 15  Post Game	 7:05	Anaheim    Eddie Money

Fri., June 4  Pre-Game	 7:35	Tampa Bay  Crushing Day
Sat., June 5  Post Game	 4:35	Tampa Bay  Psychedelic Furs

Fri., June 11 Pre-Game	 7:35	SF         Jah Works
Sat., June 12 Post Game	 3:15	SF         Jarflies

Fri., June 25 Pre-Game	 7:35	Atlanta    All Mighty Senators
Sat., June 26 Post Game	 4:35	Atlanta    Beatwater Tribute 

Fri., July 9  Pre-Game	 7:35	KC         The Radiators
Sat., July 10 Post Game	 4:35	KC         UC3

Fri., July 23 Pre-Game	 7:35	Minnesota  Gavin deGraw
Sat., July 24 Post Game	 6:05	Minnesota  Avion

Fri., Aug. 6  Pre-Game	 7:35	Texas      Juiced
Sat., Aug. 7  Post Game	 4:35	Texas      Cheap Trick

Fri., Aug. 20 Pre-Game	 7:35	Toronto    Faded Image
Sat., Aug. 21 Post Game	 4:35	Toronto    Vs. The Earth

This story was not 

Look, I don't live anywhere near Baltimore.  Aside from Billy Joel, I would have no interest in any of these acts.  BTW, I live in a much less populas area than B-more.  Tonight the Steve Miller Band is playing 45 minutes away from my house.  Next week it's Peter Frampton.  Florida/Georgia Line played last night.  It's not that hard to book popular acts.

Edited by rudyrooster
  • Upvote 1