Montanez heading to the show

Tony-OH

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way I see it:

Luis has 3,200 minor league at-bats (I think we've established this) and hasn't done much with them;

but,

Lou Montanez is tearing up AA and could hopefully be a player that took awhile to put it together. A good article on the minors thread a few weeks ago about him, and how he really struggled while trying to play short. Wierder things have happened than a guy like this having a productive major league career.

With the situation our farm is in, I'm surprised there isn't a more positive outlook on a guy who is battling for a triple crown. I don't care where he's playing, personally, I'd rather face our AAA pitchers than our AA one's. He has earned this shot over anyone else in the system not named Wieters.

The way I see it:

Luis has 3,200 minor league at-bats (I think we've established this) and hasn't done much with them;

but,

Lou Montanez is tearing up AA and could hopefully be a player that took awhile to put it together. A good article on the minors thread a few weeks ago about him, and how he really struggled while trying to play short. Wierder things have happened than a guy like this having a productive major league career.

With the situation our farm is in, I'm surprised there isn't a more positive outlook on a guy who is battling for a triple crown. I don't care where he's playing, personally, I'd rather face our AAA pitchers than our AA one's. He has earned this shot over anyone else in the system not named Wieters.

We should just put 'Lou' on the back of his jersey, like Ichiro. That way there is no confusion between him and Luis.

Terrible news about Jones.

I'm hoping Montanez can at least come up and prove that Payton is expendable, so we cut him and bring up Riemold. I hope they play him.

That would be a great way to do it.

Can Montanez pitch? I'm only half-joking.

Archived