Montanez heading to the show

Tony-OH

Yes but does Montanez play CF? Only 38 games out of 200 games that he played the last 2 years.

The amount of games played there isn't a huge deal, but the fact that he has played there matters. Montanez's future as a starter is on the corners, but as a 4th OF type, he can fill in at all 3 spots. I'm not sure if he's good enough in CF to handle it over an extended period of time, but he's a much better fit there than Reimold is, and I think that only helps Montanez's case in being called up. If they had decided to bring up Reimold to take Jones' place on the roster (DL), that would mean that Payton would be in CF every day until Jones gets back. With Montanez on the team, they can split the duties.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calling up Montanez to me cements the belief that the O's are taking their time with the guys they really believe to be the future of this organization. The Reimolds, the Wieters, the Bergesons, Hernandezs, Tillmans, Arrietas...

We've constantly rushed guys through the minors in the past and they have suffered for it time and time again. So if they want to call up Montanez, who is having a monster year and is not a #1A prospect, that is fine with me as long as Reimold is on the O's next April.

Well, there goes the whole Bowie pennant race theory.

I'd prefer to see Reimold, but I'm glad to see the organozation is putting the needs of the Big league club ahead of Bowie's pennant race.

Actually the Bowie pennant race theory has proven to be true. Roch confirmed it in his blog.

'Montanez said he understands why he wasn't bumped up to Norfolk.

"Norfolk isn't really in the playoff hunt and they have a lot of prospects here in Bowie and the team is doing really well and they're excited about the way the season's going for these guys," he said. "It makes sense to keep me here, the way the team is doing, until September.'

http://masnsports.com/2008/08/my-conversation-with-lou.html

Actually the Bowie pennant race theory has proven to be true. Roch confirmed it in his blog.

"Norfolk isn't really in the playoff hunt and they have a lot of prospects here in Bowie and the team is doing really well and they're excited about the way the season's going for these guys," he said. "It makes sense to keep me here, the way the team is doing, until September.'

They(Bowie) sure missed him last night!!:mad::);)

I believe that you said none of them would be promoted to Baltimore because Bowie's in a pennant race. If that is what you meant, that theory obviously was incorrect.

If you just meant that nobody would be promoted to Norfolk, then it looks like you hit the nail on the head.

I believe that you said none of them would be promoted to Baltimore because Bowie's in a pennant race. If that is what you meant, that theory obviously was incorrect.

If you just meant that nobody would be promoted to Norfolk, then it looks like you hit the nail on the head.

If Montanez is being called up to the majors, this tells me that Jones' injury is more severe then they are letting on because they could easily call Fiorentino up for two weeks but to call up someone who will most likely get regular at-bats, it means they think Jones will probably be out a while.

If Montanez is being called up to the majors, this tells me that Jones' injury is more severe then they are letting on because they could easily call Fiorentino up for two weeks but to call up someone who will most likely get regular at-bats, it means they think Jones will probably be out a while.

Probably, there have been reports that Jones has a broken bone in his foot.

I don't think we will see him again this season.

Roch says that Lou can play all 3 OF spots, so maybe he'll get a shot in CF.

If Montanez can play CF then this move makes sense (assuming Jones is going to the DL).

Otherwise Reimold would have made more sense, since he can platoon for Scott in LF while Payton gets most of the playing time in CF.

If Montanez can play CF then this move makes sense (assuming Jones is going to the DL).

Otherwise Reimold would have made more sense, since he can platoon for Scott in LF while Payton gets most of the playing time in CF.

Well...depending on if scott has issues with his Achilles, and or if Payton is traded. The possibility of both Reimold and Montanez both playing OF is not too far-fetched of an idea.

Archived