Montanez heading to the show

Tony-OH

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just spoke with Lou in the Baysox clubhouse and as usual, he was all smiles. It's a very rewarding part of my job to see a guy as nice as Montanez, who's worked so hard, finally get a chance to fulfill his dream.

When asked what he would say to former - and current - manager Dave Trembley when he reunites with him tomorrow afternoon, Montanez replied:

"I'm Baaaaacckk!"

There will be more reaction from Lou in the Baysox recap which will be posted as soon as I get back home. The Baysox lost 6-3 but Lou Montanez won big-time and deservedly so.

Just spoke with Lou in the Baysox clubhouse and as usual, he was all smiles. It's a very rewarding part of my job to see a guy as nice as Montanez, who's worked so hard, finally get a chance to fulfill his dream.

When asked what he would say to former - and current - manager Dave Trembley when he reunites with him tomorrow afternoon, Montanez replied:

"I'm Baaaaacckk!"

There will be more reaction from Lou in the Baysox recap which will be posted as soon as I get back home. The Baysox lost 6-3 but Lou Montanez won big-time and deservedly so.

That's great Mike! Now I'm thinking about covering the O's game on Friday night, too just so I can meet him.

"I'm Baaaaacckk!"

Congrat's to Lou, I wish him nothing but the best.

From everything I've heard from you, it seems like he has a good head on his shoulders.

What Major league teams are they mashing for now?

You mean to tell me that you don't find a 30 year old in his 5th year in AAA hitting a 815 OPS impressive? My goodness, that's just crazy. The fact that neither the Orioles nor any other team is giving him a shot is just an absolute travesty!

And careful being realistic about First Ballot Hall of Famer Jon Knott. According to Puck, if you're not a fan of Knott, you're obviously a fan of Jay Payton. :rolleyes:

Montanez isn't part of the future of this team in anything more than a bench role...Reimold should be getting the at bats at this level this year, not Montanez.

Now, i don't mind Montanez up here...Much rather watch him than Payton, Redman or someone else we could have brought up...besides Reimold.

They both should be up here but Reimold should be the one starting on an everyday basis in LF while Jones is out.

I don't think there's at all a "right" guy to call up like you're making there out to be. There's reasons for both guys, but I'll give you a few for Montanez.

1) The guy's got the triple crown in his division. He is playing absolutely incredible and the O's might want to catch lightning in a bottle.

2) He's 26. He's not so old he couldn't be a effective player for the next almost 10 years.

3) He's 26. If they think this former #3 overall could have a chance to be an MLB player, they need to look into that chance soon.

4) Those preferring Riemold keep talking about the "other 3000" at bats but that's misleading. About 1700 of those were when he was still a kid struggling at SS, ages 18-21, right? And from there on, it's not like this is the first time he's ever hit well. He's had some pretty good bouts previously before breaking through better than the Kool-Aid man this year.

Anyway, if they decided to call up Reimold first, fine. Montanez first, fine. I just don't think this choice is something worth objecting to.

It never ceases to amaze me. A few weeks ago there are threads saying why isnt Montanez up here the way he has been hitting in Bowie, he gets the call and people are saying Montanez shouldnt be up, it should be Reimold. Priceless, just priceless.

Yes this is true...but what would we do in this situation? What if Montanez comes up and is a stud? What happens to Reimold?

More good hitters than available positions? WOW, the O's and I could live with that problem. Four outfielders rotating through the 3 outfield positions and DH. Sounds good to me. Now about a trade for a SS.

I hate the fact that it comes at the expense of Jones, who was really coming on, but sometimes players are found when others get hurt. Montanez, did not just hit his way on but bashed his way onto the ML roster. Way to go Lou. Let's hope he becomes a find like Jeremy Guthrie and not one like John Knott, Jason Dubois etc.

Archived