Adley Rutschman to start at GCL for a game or two, then to Aberdeen

MurphDogg

51 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think you could put AR at Frederick and you wouldn't be rushing him.

I don't disagree.  At this point there are about two months left in the minor league season, I just don't really believe where he spends that time matters all that much.  Let him do a speed dating version of spring training in the GCL, go give Aberdeen an attendance boost for a month and then send him to Delmarva for the end of the season/playoffs. 

If he doesn't start at Frederick next year though I'd be a little disappointed. 

38 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I expect Adley to be better, but I'm not going to ride the hype train like I did for Wieters.

I have little doubt that if Rutschman puts up numbers like Wieters did at Frederick and Bowie next year, I won’t be able to stop myself from getting sucked into the hype.   

In case anyone has forgotten:

At Frederick: .345/.448/.576

At Bowie: .365/.460/.625

I don’t know how you can resist being sucked in by something like that.    

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I have little doubt that if Rutschman puts up numbers like Wieters did at Frederick and Bowie next year, I won’t be able to stop myself from getting sucked into the hype.   

In case anyone has forgotten:

At Frederick: .345/.448/.576

At Bowie: .365/.460/.625

I don’t know how you can resist being sucked in by something like that.    

You're right, we'll see Chuck Norris wears Adley Rutschman pajamas jokes posted. And I'll eat it up like candy. ?

50 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Last time I went to a game in Frederick was to see Matt Wieters.   I’d definitely go back to check out their latest switch hitting catcher-savior.   

I'm going to Frederick's game this Saturday with my dad and brother. Have no idea who's starting, but there are some very good arms there. Their position players, on the other hand... :P

10 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I'm going to Frederick's game this Saturday with my dad and brother. Have no idea who's starting, but there are some very good arms there. Their position players, on the other hand... :P

It will probably be Bishop or Lebron.   

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I don't think he's going to play in the GCL. He's just going to the complex to onboard. 

Dude...you've got to let my joke percolate a little before getting real. I mean, I had a head exploding emoji and everything. What a waste. :)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

If Adley's hitting .190 after a week in the GCL, then this place will implode. ?

:)

Honestly it won't most people here are thoughtful and rational in their understanding of  SSS and knocking rust off a month long layoff. Just like when MLB players go the the GCL for rehab and do not hit four home runs a day. A few folks either have agendas or get frightened easily.