Adley Rutschman 2019

Greg Pappas

56 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Delmarva is starting a home series tomorrow. Would be a perfect time to promote him and have him debut in front of the hometown fans. 

The Orioles are home also.  Forget about Delmarva!  I am half kidding but watching Severino try to tag someone out at home positioned 3 feet behind home plate I was ready to call him up before I heard he was 5 for 5. 

Just now, orioles22 said:

Perfect time for a promotion. Getting to experience the playoffs will be a nice way to end the year.

Not intended as a criticism of your comment but the College World Series is a much much much bigger stage than the Sally League Playoffs, so I’m not sure what that experience will do for him.

I do agree that getting him to Delmarva and having him catch Grayson would be cool.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

Better than ending the year with Aberdeen is my point...I'm sure winning the College World Series is bigger, but a league championship series would have to add a little drama to September.

That and he simply should be playing at a higher level now that he is healthy and has shaken off the banquet scene rust.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

he simply should be playing at a higher level now that he is healthy and has shaken off the banquet scene rust.

This is very true.  Andrew Vaughn is in High A and a couple high school players from the 2019 draft are in full season ball already.

I agree AR should be at a higher level, but my son and I are going to see the Ironbirds in Staten Island this week so, technically, I think AR needs a little more NYPenn League seasoning, you know, maybe one more series.

We are also likely to see the Ironbirds finish the season in Hudson Valley if anyone is going to any of those games.

• Upvote 2