Anatomy of our 12-11 run

Frobby

8 hours ago, fansince1988 said:

What exactly is THE plan? 1-2, 1-3 is very good, I agree. I'm just trying to figure out what the plan is.

In my worthless opinion..... I think THE plan is this. Constantly trying to get better talent into the system is foremost. Through the draft, international, waivers, whatever.

I think this year is to field a ML team and hang on by the skin of our teeth. Try out kind of our 2nd tier of prospects this year, see what we have. Keep the better prospects (in Elias' and Sig's and braintrust's eye) in the minors developing. Completing levels. I think that's a big thing with Elias. Players getting significant time at every level of the minors. (Rutschman might be an exception...)

Next year will be a wash again but we'll play the couple nuggets from this year, Santander, Means, Severino, maybe Sisco, etc. and also bring up some of the better prospects. Then again, go thru the ML year. Evaluate the new level of players, see what he has. While also another draft, another J2 etc.

By offseason 2020/2021 Elias will have a very good idea of ALL the talent he has. Who are keepers, where he needs help. Not to mention full evaluation (and replacement) of the coaching staff(s) at the Majors and minors.

2. After that play it by ear. Wait for MiL cream to rise to the top.

3. Profit!

This season is all about seeing who could play that was already on the 25/40 man. 

Armstrong with a save. Hyde realizing he doesn’t have to ride Givens into the ground. Fry has emerged as well. That’s three relievers that we can almost count on. 

We’ve figured some things out with the lineup. At least in about 6-7 spots. 

I think the lineup is ready for us not to lose 100 games, or tank, whatever you want to call it. I think for next year it’s all about the rotation. A better rotation means a better bullpen. 

• Upvote 1

I think this season is all about implementing our systems and coaching processes throughout the organization. The results are encouraging because performance is up across the organization. Over time, with better players and a talent pipeline that includes international players, this should result in consistent winning.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2019 at 10:39 PM, OFFNY said:

o

The Orioles are 14-13 over their last 27 games.

Mediocrity never felt so good.

o

o

2 And-a-Half Weeks Later )))))) (AUGUST 16th)

The Orioles topped out with a 16-15 run over a 31-game stretch.

Since then, they have gone 1-10 over their ensuing 11 games against the Yankees (twice), the Astros, and the Red Sox.

o