vs. YANKEES Game 2, 8/12

scOtt

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

This may be the most dominant performance by the MFYs against us in all the years I have watched Orioles baseball.  I mean most of the  games this year have been not good. 

They won their 14th against us which ties the most in a season...they won 14 against us in 2004. 

1985 was pretty bad...only 13 games that year and they won 12. 

1982 though we won 11 and they won 2

and 1966 was my favorite...we won 15 and they won 3. 

And it's not just the number of wins, it's the demoralizing fashion they have come and the run differential.  It really is like a high school team playing a Little League team.

2 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

And it's not just the number of wins, it's the demoralizing fashion they have come and the run differential.  It really is like a high school team playing a Little League team.

I'm still amazed we won that first series against them, AT NY...

3 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Yes, that is the way it was from 1966-71...the Yankees of that era had no business being on the field with us.   89 wins for us, 34 wins for them. 

But if we win tonight it will be our 400th win overall versus the MFYs (they have won 470)