I appreciate Dylan Bundy for what he is

interloper

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/16/2019 at 2:45 PM, interloper said:

Yeah, I definitely agree here. Ben was no bust, in all honesty. Dylan I guess is more of an open question in that regard, especially if he can't really get below that 5.00 ERA mark. But he's useful, which is my main point. He's not a total non-factor out there (Hess), or a headcase (Wright). He wasn't derailed completely by injury (Loewen). He's fine. He pitches smart and he gets by. I tend to think there's more in the tank there if he can really tighten up his offspeed offerings, especially the curve and change. 

Ben was no bust. HE was much better at the MLB level even with his sore wing. 

1 hour ago, weams said:

Ben was no bust. HE was much better at the MLB level even with his sore wing. 

Ben was pretty solid.  20.8 rWAR, 115 ERA+.   Really nothing to complain about there.    

Bundy is not as good as McDonald, and probably never will be.     But I still feel there’s a chance that he can be more successful than he’s been the last two years.    He has an interesting repertoire and when he avoids the HR ball can be a fun pitcher to watch.  

53 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Ben was pretty solid.  20.8 rWAR, 115 ERA+.   Really nothing to complain about there.    

Bundy is not as good as McDonald, and probably never will be.     But I still feel there’s a chance that he can be more successful than he’s been the last two years.    He has an interesting repertoire and when he avoids the HR ball can be a fun pitcher to watch.  

Imagine Bundy pitching in a time and a place where homers were, say, 0.8 per team per game instead of almost one-and-a-half.  He probably could have won the 1982 Cy Young.

Archived