vs. RED SOX, 8/18

OFFNY

I feel bad about bringing this up after the injury, but you can tell Palmer doesn't think much about Sisco's catching. He said something like "it would be nice if he got the glove out there" on a pitch. He was critical of him calling a changeup the other day when Thorne asked if those pitches were called by the dugout or catcher.

3 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

I feel bad about bringing this up after the injury, but you can tell Palmer doesn't think much about Sisco's catching. He said something like "it would be nice if he got the glove out there" on a pitch. He was critical of him calling a changeup the other day when Thorne asked if those pitches were called by the dugout or catcher.

Palmer never approved of a catcher 's ability to call a game while he played why start now?

3 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

Palmer and Thorne commented on that yesterday about how Sisco doesn't give the pitcher a target with the glove. He only puts the glove up to catch the ball. I think it's another valid criticism.