O's Have Drafted the Third Lowest WAR Since 1995

Can_of_corn

I think Frobby and others have posted some illuminating and incredibly depressing breakdowns of the Orioles drafting and player development that covered even older drafts. Very depressing stuff. There were some huge stretches where the Orioles got basically nothing meaningful out of entire drafts. If I remember correctly, there was a huge gap in position players from like Ripken to Brian Roberts and a very lengthy gap after Mussina for pitchers. As dark as things are now, at least the Orioles have done better with drafts and player development in the last ten years or so and there's reason to think it will be better in the near future. 

• Upvote 2

Not a complete list here for Texas for the big one I forgot and should have remembered is Kinsler. They also drafted E Encarnacion, Hafner and Carlos Pena. 

More pitchers than I recall. Dempster, John Danks and Hedricks. For a team that feels like it has always been carried by bats they let some get away. 

They also have not done much last decade or so.  

22 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Scanned the comments a little. Yanks fans saying their winning hurts their drafts- it does- and yet the Cards have kept rolling. I know they haven’t won as much as NY but still. Also Boston has done well.  

See my cheating comment.

Both Boston and St. Louis have been accused of some forms of cheating, sooooooo...