Your call up list?

wildcard

26 minutes ago, weams said:

Just take them off the 40 man now then I guess. 

I wouldn't, just  because someone is ineffective now does not mean they can't be fixed or put in a different role if they have options.

Hess, Kline, Phillips all have options.  I think Hess and Kline are probably kept on the 40 man roster to try to fix them,

Shepherd is on the inactive list for some unknown reason,

Carroll and Ortiz are  on the minor injured list.

Rogers and Cobb  are on the major league injured list and can't be released now.

I would release Edelmann and Taylor Scott.

Call  up Tate and Tanner Scott.

I am waiting to see how Eades does this week before making a decision.

9 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

It is not about "deserving" one for what he has done in AAA thus far. It is about preparing a pitcher who could be a legitimate possibility for the starting rotation next season.

Realistically, he is not a serious candidate to be in our rotation next March.    He’s barely pitched in AAA, and his results haven’t been great.    Therefore, there’s no reason to add him to the 40-man roster when he doesn’t need to be on it this winter.    I might feel differently if he was closer to being ready, but he’s not yet.   

12 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

It is not about "deserving" one for what he has done in AAA thus far. It is about preparing a pitcher who could be a legitimate possibility for the starting rotation next season.

If Zimmerman is not pitching well at AAA, how do you expect him to do well in the majors?

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Realistically, he is not a serious candidate to be in our rotation next March.    He’s barely pitched in AAA, and his results haven’t been great.    Therefore, there’s no reason to add him to the 40-man roster when he doesn’t need to be on it this winter.    I might feel differently if he was closer to being ready, but he’s not yet.   

I agree. 

54 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Enjoy Ty Blach

I was looking on the team page at  fangraphs for the guys who have to be added for rule five protection, But I couldn’t find that information. But I think there’s no reason not to add those guys now, give them a taste of next year. Also, the fringe guys who probably aren’t going to be anything but who deserves some big lead time, I would like to see all of them.

6 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I think last year maybe five rostered players in all of baseball didn’t get called up, so presumably everyone on the forty man will be here in September.

Huh?  Most teams don't come near calling up 15 extra guys.  I have to question that statement 

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

Enjoy Ty Blach

I will not enjoy Ty Blach.   But I’m willing to suffer through whatever horrible placeholders they throw out there if it means that our prospects are developed properly before they reach the majors, rather than just throwing them out there.   

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I will not enjoy Ty Blach.   But I’m willing to suffer through whatever horrible placeholders they throw out there if it means that our prospects are developed properly before they reach the majors, rather than just throwing them out there.   

So, you think allowing Bruce Zimmerman to make a couple September starts is going to ruin his development?

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

So, you think allowing Bruce Zimmerman to make a couple September starts is going to ruin his development?

I didn’t say that.    I don’t want him on the 40 man roster until he’s ready to enter the rotation full time, hopefully sometime next year.   

8 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I think adding him to the 40-man roster a year before it is necessary needlessly clogs the 40-man roster. 

If he pitches well enough in Spring Training to crack the Opening Day roster then that is great and he can be added then, but I would rather have the flexibility in the off-season over him getting 10-20 September innings.

I also think there is less than a 10 percent chance that he will look like one of the 5 best starting pitches at the end of Spring Training, but if he is we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

40 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Exactly right. No one looks forward to the Ty Blachs of the world. The point of a rebuild done correctly is to develop guys who can contribute to the next competitive team on the field. That doesn’t happen by advancing guys who aren’t ready.

14 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Exactly right. No one looks forward to the Ty Blachs of the world. The point of a rebuild done correctly is to develop guys who can contribute to the next competitive team on the field. That doesn’t happen by advancing guys who aren’t ready.

Do you honestly believe that promoting a young(ish) guy like Bruce Zimmermann, who has a back of rotation ceiling, before he logs a bunch of AAA innings has any impact on the rebuild?