Is Sisco Toast?

Aristotelian

40 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Manny is so atheletic, I think he could probably play any position on the diamond, including catcher,.

Mancini got his first COF at the ML, and for me, common sense, says you do this in the minors, but, heck what do I know.

Mancini played a lot of OF in spring training that year before he got put into a major league game.   

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Mancini played a lot of OF in spring training that year before he got put into a major league game.   

True,

But from an organizational point of view, you knew there was a logjam at first and DH, so why not be proactive and start working on versitility and other options?

Of course, that regime is gone now.

10 hours ago, VaBird1 said:

Perhaps, but he and Severino are tied for sixth best hitting performance on the team this year.  96 OPS+ is above average for a catcher.

He’s hitting .221, his WRC is 97, K rate is about 30%, his walk rate is 7.8%(I don’t know what league average is for those stats) that’s better offense than Ruiz, for instance, even though Ruiz Ks less, walks more and has a better average, but Ruiz has a positive WAR because of his defense.

being 6th best on this team is no endorsement.

3 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

I have no doubt his bat can play at the MLB.

I have serious doubts his glove is anything more than occassional backup catcher.

Because the whole team is terrible and Wynn’s doesn’t offer much, I’m happy letting Sisco play. Well, not happy, but resigned to the fact.

I don’t know how good are his other skill sets, but I would be happy letting him try other positions. He’s not really a catcher.

3 hours ago, Philip said:

Because the whole team is terrible and Wynn’s doesn’t offer much, I’m happy letting Sisco play. Well, not happy, but resigned to the fact.

I don’t know how good are his other skill sets, but I would be happy letting him try other positions. He’s not really a catcher.

Sure he is, that is why it says catcher next to his name.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

And this stat from the Sun:

Though unpunished in this Rangers' eighth, Pedro Severino just allowed his 27th consecutive stolen base, dating back to June 9. Chance Sisco has the Orioles' last caught stealing, on July 29. It's not what you want.

That is actually quite impressive.   Maybe the Orioles pitchers need to work on holding on runners better. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Going Underground said:

And this stat from the Sun:

Though unpunished in this Rangers' eighth, Pedro Severino just allowed his 27th consecutive stolen base, dating back to June 9. Chance Sisco has the Orioles' last caught stealing, on July 29. It's not what you want.

Wasn't aware of how bad they were at this. Jeesh.