vs. DODGERS, 9/11

OFFNY

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

Dodgers with seven consecutive NL West titles.  Man, that is not good for Manny is it? lol. 

AL East has been at least somewhat resembling competitive...over last ten years, giving the MFYs this year’s title,  that would be MFYs 3 titles, Red Sox 4 titles, Blue Jays one, Rays one and us one. 

Early in the season, it looked like the NL West was going to be a tight race throughout the season.  Arizona, Colorado, and San Diego were all playing pretty good baseball early on.  The Dodgers just went in to beast mode and ran away with it.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

It's the little things that separate winning teams from "also-rans".  Baltimore get a lead-off hit and the runner advances to second on a wild pitch with nobody out.  A groundout advances the runner to third.  The next two batters fail to drive in the run.  

It's the big things too, like the winning teams being a lot better.

16 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

John Means knows how to pitch.  For sure.  He may continue to get whacked at times but he is a very good find. 

I'd really like to see him come into ST with a really developed third pitch.  Fastball is alright, I think he's got a fantastic changeup.  Would like to see him get a great curveball.  

He is effective enough already with two real pitches to contend with.  Add a third, give batters something else to have to look for and I think he could be very nasty.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Someone figure out if @wildcard is making reservations for Cooperstown in 2038.  Hays is on fire.

I don't know man.  Sure he hit a double by why did he wait until they already had two outs?  He should have led off the inning with the double, or better yet, had Wilkerson walk then hit the double.  That way it would be second and third with no outs.

Archived