vs. DODGERS, 9/11

OFFNY

6 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Screw the sac fly, get out of the way for the Earl special!

Impressive shot by Villar, but don't forget Hays' third hit of the night to set it up. Austin now OPSing .844, has nothing left to prove, so no point in waiting a few more games. Time to extend Hays and write him in the Orioles' OF for the next 10-12 years. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Impressive shot by Villar, but don't forget Hays' third hit of the night to set it up. Austin now OPSing .844, has nothing left to prove, so no point in waiting a few more games. Time to extend Hays and write him in the Orioles' OF for the next 10-12 years. 

Sure, it was the HoF stuff I thought was premature.

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Exactly! ,,, Manny who? .... Hays easily better and worth a $300 million contract.  In fact, just put him in the HOF anyway, screw the rules, we know it's just a familiarity.

6 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I’ve always advocated for the Orioles to give early extensions to buy out the first few years of free agency for their young star players. ?

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

Exactly! ,,, Manny who? .... Hays easily better and worth a $300 million contract.  In fact, just put him in the HOF anyway, screw the rules, we know it's just a familiarity.

He probably could play 3B and fill in at SS for a couple of years. "Wherever you need me, Skip."

12 minutes ago, Philip said:

I have a question about John Means.He never seems to give up a lot of hits, but when he gives up hits, they always seem to be hit hard. I don’t know his ratio of singles to extra-base hits are, but I wonder if it’s higher than normal. Does that mean anything?

Means Statcast info:

Exit Velocity allowed: 87.1 MPH below the 89 MPH average in 2019
Hard Hit%:  30.6% below MLB average of 34.5%

Archived