The Rubber Match (vs. DODGERS, 9/12)

OFFNY

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, O's84 said:

Bundy deserves wayyyyyyyyy better than what this defense has done for him tonight.  They have been downright pathetic!

Shouldn't Bundy have gotten to home plate in time to potentially catch a throw from Severino and stop the 2nd run from scoring?

His defense let him down, for sure, but his own defense also let him down.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

How the hell did two runs score????

They had a running start and run fast. Severino had a standing start and "runs" slow. Bundy didn't cover home, but it wouldn't have mattered. (Probably just as well, since Severino probably would have made a bad throw.)

Just now, SteveA said:

Shouldn't Bundy have gotten to home plate in time to potentially catch a throw from Severino and stop the 2nd run from scoring?

I think he was exhausted.  Also should have been a strike out on check swing.

Just now, SteveA said:

If Ruiz had thrown out the runner at 1st, the inning would have been over even before that. 

So....here is why MLB is going to die off as a major spectator sport...I have a cable subscription that I pay for that pays MASN ...but no Os on MASN...OK i go to Fox...in my area of Virginia, Fox game however is Phillies and Braves....I have an MLB TV subscription I can use when travelling, but can’t use it here because I live in blackout territory AND it is on Fox so not on MLB Tv anyway...AND there are even NO in game highlights on MLB. com because it is on Fox..

So I spend all this money and still can’t get the stupid game ....which is why MLB  is going to just be like NASCAR at some point.  Killing the golden goose. 

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Yes he should have covered, but Severino should have caught that and the innings over.  Even before that the defense had repeatedly let him down, and drove up his pitch count.  This year Bundy has had plenty of the times where he has been bad, and it was all his fault.  Not tonight though.

Just now, O's84 said:

If Ruiz had thrown out the runner at 1st, the inning would have been over even before that. 

I know.   Ruiz made a bad play.   Santander made a bad play.   Severino didn't catch a catchable pitch.   The ump made a bad call.

All true.   But Bundy also screwed up by not covering home as well.   The fact that other crap happened in the inning doesn't change that.

BTW, with it raining hard and the ground crew positioned by the tarp... if this game is called before the Orioles complete the bottom of the 6th, it is NOT a loss.   Because it was tied after 5 and the Dodgers got their runs in the top of the 6th, we would not have had our fair at bats in the bottom of the 6th.

It would be a suspended game, lord knows when it could be made up.   Maybe if the Dodgers need it for home field advantage calculation, they would come to Oriole Park September 29 to resume play.

Archived