The Rubber Match (vs. DODGERS, 9/12)

OFFNY

5 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Yeah, I mean Bundy should’ve covered but I understand the mistake. 

That shot of the coaches in the dugout tells the tale.

o

I'm going to give Bundy a pass on that play ........ it's kind of like somebody getting mugged, beaten up, slapped around some more, thrown down a staircase, and then somebody coming along and criticizing him for not being more vigilant in watching his kids.

o

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SteveA said:

I know.   Ruiz made a bad play.   Santander made a bad play.   Severino didn't catch a catchable pitch.   The ump made a bad call.

All true.   But Bundy also screwed up by not covering home as well.   The fact that other crap happened in the inning doesn't change that.

BTW, with it raining hard and the ground crew positioned by the tarp... if this game is called before the Orioles complete the bottom of the 6th, it is NOT a loss.   Because it was tied after 5 and the Dodgers got their runs in the top of the 6th, we would not have had our fair at bats in the bottom of the 6th.

It would be a suspended game, lord knows when it could be made up.   Maybe if the Dodgers need it for home field advantage calculation, they would come to Oriole Park September 29 to resume play.

Sure, the odds are he might have gotten him if he had covered.

With that being said, the defense has done way more to screw him tonight, and that's not even arguable. 

12 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I just got back from the gym, and saw the last few batters of the 6th inning ........ I'm so pissed off at the Orioles' defense, I'm not going to bother posting Bundy's pitching line. 

o

Aw c'mon OFFNY: It's the 2019 Bawlamer Awfurioles! Two of the runs weren't earned and so Bundy finally managed to his ERA under 5.00 finally. That's worth posting, he'd appreciate it!

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

Mancini can play first pretty decently.  I dont why he plays in the outfield.

He failed to field a routine grounder earlier tonight.

Our defense decided to take tonight off.   Stewart didn't get to a pretty routine fly also.

And then came the 6th inning.

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

He failed to field a routine grounder earlier tonight.

Our defense decided to take tonight off.   Stewart didn't get to a pretty routine fly also.

And then came the 6th inning.

I wouldn't call that GB routine. Mancini should have caught it, or at least stopped it, but it was more difficult than a routine play, IMO.

Pierzynski is an idiot. He just spoke of what a good guy Palmer is, how he'd always be on the field talking to visiting players "about baseball" before Orioles games. 

Does Pierzynski really not understand that Palmer was not just chit-chatting, but was gathering information to use during the upcoming broadcast, so that he could explain to listeners and discuss stuff about the Orioles' opponent, instead of just blathering on about professional wrestling and where he would have guys line up for bullpen warmups if he were in charge?

Archived