Yankees waive Sexson, demote Melky

Crazysilver03

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08152008/sports/yankees/melky_to_minors__sexson_waived_124621.htm

The New York Post reports that the Yankees will demote Melky Cabrera to Triple-A and waive Richie Sexson prior to Friday's game.

According to the newspaper, Brett Gardner and Cody Ransom will be called up from Triple-A to fill their spots on the roster. Cabrera is hitting just .242/.296/.337 in 117 games and Sexson has hit .221/.321/.381 in 96 games overall, including .250/.371/.393 with the Yankees. Gardner has hit .296/.414/.422 with 37 steals in 94 games at Triple-A and could see significant action in center field depending on how the Yankees choose to deploy Johnny Damon.

I didnt realize Cabrera was playing so poorly. Heck, Sexson was even having a better year.

Gardner has hit .296/.414/.422 with 37 steals in 94 games at Triple-A and could see significant action in center field depending on how the Yankees choose to deploy Johnny Damon.

If they were smart, they would deploy him to the DH spot if not the bench. I know he maybe a catalyst for the offense, but I think they might do well with Abreu leading off instead.

Archived