The Rubber Match (vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/25)

OFFNY

2 hours ago, Philip said:

Is Ynoa a keeper Or just a warm body taking a spot until someone better comes along? I originally at high hope for him, but I just I don’t think he’s anything.

We have 42 guys on the 40 man roster right now counting the two guys on 60 day IL who return to the roster in the off-season.  We probably have 7-8 guys we will add to the 40 man to protect from Rul 5.  So that's 49-50.  That means 9 or 10 guys have to go.  Trumbo is one, and let's assume for now that Davis isn't.

That's 7-8 guys who will be culled in the next 70 days or so.

Is Ynoa one of the 7 or 8 most expendable guys?  I'd say he probably is.  Not in the top 2 or 3 like Blach and Eades and Tayler Scott.  But he's 26, over 160 innings in the majors, and hasn't shown all that much.

I don't think anyone will be shocked if he is cut in November.

9 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Well done umpire, with 3-0 count like it should have been the likelihood of a game tying walk is very high.

But you can rest assured there will be consequences when MLB, as part of its exacting review of umpire performance, sees how badly he blew that call in a key situation. ?

• Haha 1