Madden signs with Angels for Three Years

Philip

Do not care a lot as to who is the manager.  Only care about having a roster of MLB talented players.  We can figure the managerial part out at that time.  As many top coaches and managers have said, including the late great Pat Summit. " There is no substitute for Talent".   Talent covers a multitude of Sins.  

3 hours ago, Philip said:

I’m not opposed to Hyde And I don’t have a clear sense of how good or bad he managed this season. He was just “the guy”

I also have no idea how Maddon would be coming in to this circumstance, but he brought the Rays up from nothing, and Tampa Bay has a history of very good pitching every year.

I’m just wondering if Baltimore might participate in the feeding frenzy that’s going to surround his departure from Chicago if and when it happens.

I’d rather give Hyde some more time. 

I think the Nationals may be a dark, dark horse. FWIW, I’ve seen on a couple of Cub-centric sites this week where sentiment (at least among those writers) is strong to bring Martinez back. I didn’t realize he only had one year left on his deal, so without that security, who knows? And, admittedly, Maddon would probably be a good fit there, team- and town-wise.

Anyway, as for us, I’d just as soon have Hyde grow into the job. In a couple of years when we’re (or hopefully should be) on the verge of contention, let’s see where he is and how he’s evolved as a leader/strategist, and act accordingly.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Curse of the Bamdino said:

I think the Nationals may be a dark, dark horse. FWIW, I’ve seen on a couple of Cub-centric sites this week where sentiment (at least among those writers) is strong to bring Martinez back. I didn’t realize he only had one year left on his deal, so without that security, who knows? And, admittedly, Maddon would probably be a good fit there, team- and town-wise.

Anyway, as for us, I’d just as soon have Hyde grow into the job. In a couple of years when we’re (or hopefully should be) on the verge of contention, let’s see where he is and how he’s evolved as a leader/strategist, and act accordingly.

Nats ownership does not like to spend much on managers.  Why they didn’t get Bud Black years ago. I don’t see a fit there   

Also,I think Peter spending big on Buck does not mean going forward the Orioles will hire a well paid manager. 

3 hours ago, connja said:

Let's look at the future, not the past.  I like Hyde.

Hyde is a great manager for what we have. A very young rebuilding team. Stresses fundamentals. Do it the right way. Or learn the right way the next time.

Now when we're approaching contending I don't know. Hyde will have much more experience by then. He's a little like a prospect himself. Let's see how he develops in the next two years.

11 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Hyde is a great manager for what we have. A very young rebuilding team. Stresses fundamentals. Do it the right way. Or learn the right way the next time.

Now when we're approaching contending I don't know. Hyde will have much more experience by then. He's a little like a prospect himself. Let's see how he develops in the next two years.

I’m not sure he’s stressing fundamentals properly, because the team has spent the entire season playing lousy fundamentals. Lousy…