Postseason picks

eddie83

o

Prior to his last 2 start of the season (which were bad), Adam Wainwright's numbers were somewhat reminiscent of Orel Hershiser's numbers down the stretch in 1988 ........ in 4 starts between September 2nd and September 18th, Wainwright ceded 1 Earned Run over 27 Innings Pitched ........ that's good for an 0.33 ERA and an 0.926 WHIP, 5 Walks, and 14 Strikeouts.

Even including those last 2 bad starts, he had 7 Walks and 23 Strikeouts over 36.33 Innings Pitched.

And considering that Wainwright was the Redbirds' 4th best starting pitcher throughout most of the season prior to that late run, that's kind of scary ........ the men from eastern Missouri are my sleeper pick for the National League Pennant, and possibly the World Series title as well.

o

29 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Prior to his last 2 start of the season (which were bad), Adam Wainwright's numbers were somewhat reminiscent of Orel Hershiser's numbers down the stretch in 1988 ........ in 4 starts between September 2nd and September 18th, Wainwright ceded 1 Earned Run over 27 Innings Pitched ........ that's good for an 0.33 ERA and an 0.926 WHIP, 5 Walks, and 14 Strikeouts.

Even including those last 2 bad starts, he had 7 Walks and 23 Strikeouts over 36.33 Innings Pitched.

And considering that Wainwright was the Redbirds' 4th best starting pitcher throughout most of the season prior to that late run, that's kind of scary ........ the men from eastern Missouri are my sleeper pick for the National League Pennant, and possibly the World Series title as well.

o

o

Also, here are the total starts for the 2019 season for the Cardinals' Top-4 in their rotation ........

Jack Flaherty llllllllllllll. 33 lllll. Starts

Dakota Hudson llllllllllllllll 33 llllll Starts

Miles Mikolas llllllllllllllll 32 llllll Starts

Adam Wainwright lllllllllll 31 lllll. Starts

That sounds pretty healthy, and pretty consistent.

o

On 10/1/2019 at 9:19 AM, OFFNY said:

o

o

On 10/1/2019 at 9:37 AM, OFFNY said:

o

Also, here are the total starts for the 2019 season for the Cardinals' Top-4 in their rotation ........

o

o

(CARDINALS vs. BRAVES, 10/06) )))))) [NLDS, Game 3]

38 year-old veteran Adam Wainwright threw 7.67 Shutout Innings, in an extremely clutch performance when the Cardinals needed it in a pivotal 3rd game of this playoff series.

Unfortunately for him, the Cardinal bullpen coughed up the team's slim 1-0 lead (and the game) in the 9th inning ........ that one really hurt.

o

Not sure how it'll shake out, but in the end I'm going Nationals > Astros. Scherzer and Strasburg are the ultimate equalizers, akin to, I'd imagine, Johnson-Schilling in '01. Soto is amazing. And that lineup seems to do just enough when they need to do it.

Admittedly, I'm almost trying to will this to happen just to see the inevitable head-to-head matchup of the ex-Tiger aces. Wow, that'd be epic.

I just hate the skanks.  One of the last teams to allow black players on their team.  I think all of their championships should be given back because of their racist past.  They should also have the stadium torn down.

"I finally get a ------, and he can't run"-- Casey Stengel

1 hour ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Houston is starting to worry me. The one and only reason I picked them over the Yankees is home field. I don’t think TB stands a chance. 

I nailed my Twins pick.....

I would have no issue with TB winning vs Houston but I just can’t see them beating NYY.  

o

o

On 10/6/2019 at 8:01 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(CARDINALS vs. BRAVES, 10/06) )))))) [NLDS, Game 3]

38 year-old veteran Adam Wainwright threw 7.67 Shutout Innings, in an extremely clutch performance when the Cardinals needed it in a pivotal 3rd game of this playoff series.

Unfortunately for him, the Cardinal bullpen coughed up the team's slim 1-0 lead (and the game) in the 9th inning ........ that one really hurt.

o

o

Carlos Martinez (like Byung-Hyun Kim after the completion of Game 7 of the 2001 World Series) just breathed a huge sigh of relief.

6a9263d7_mlbam.jpg llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 9fc7f9a0_mlbam.jpg

o

On 10/8/2019 at 9:19 PM, eddie83 said:

I nailed my Twins pick ........

I would have no issue with Tampa Bay winning their series vs. Houston, but I just cant see them beating the Yankees.

o

If I had a nickel for every time that I was wrong, I would be a multi-millionaire.

o

I had the Dodgers and Astros meeting up again the WS with the Dodgers coming out on top.

After tonight, both teams could be wiped out.  And whatever, I'm rooting for Tampa.  I don't care if they come from our division, IIRC they have the lowest payroll in the majors and still find a way to get it done.  So tired of hearing about big markets and big spending when they've been a shining example of how to go head to head with Boston and NY on a shoestring budget.

On 10/1/2019 at 9:19 AM, OFFNY said:

o

o

o

o

o

After besting the Braves in the NLDS, the Cardinals were beaten soundly by the Nationals in the NLCS.

o