Eads, Rogers, Ortiz and Tayler Scott waived and outrighted to Norfolk.

Tony-OH

3 hours ago, Philip said:

The others are warm bodies, but what does this mean for Ortiz? A first-rounder cleared waivers?

It means that no one thinks Ortiz is worth a 40-man roster spot. Between is health concerns, weight issues, and drop in stuff, that's not a surprise. 

Honestly Ortiz appeared to be a guy the Brewers knew was probably toast.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What was Ortiz’s deal this year?  Injuries?  I can’t remember. Maybe he’ll be playing winter ball. 

So much for the 40 man roster crunch. We DFA’d 4. It could’ve easily been 10 with the same outcome. 

Injuries, he was mid-90s when healthy, developing a curveball. He's honestly a guy that I think player development has a chance to fix, I know that's not a popular opinion. If you look at the individual pitches, you can see the work player development has already put in (it hasn't led to game results yet). He has four distinctive pitches, with good movement and velocity separation. It's really about command and just feel for pitching. I think with him missing time and really struggling, that gave the Orioles a chance to pass him through waivers. Maybe I'm crazy, but he's my zombie prospect pick. You know that guy you'll forget about and then out of nowhere he provides MLB value. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What was Ortiz’s deal this year?  Injuries?  I can’t remember. Maybe he’ll be playing winter ball. 

So much for the 40 man roster crunch. We DFA’d 4. It could’ve easily been 10 with the same outcome. 

Just wait, Mike hasn’t even started. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 20 new names on the 40 man by February