2019-20 Offseason Tracker

Enjoy Terror

1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

The Orioles signed Ty Moore this past week. As far as I can tell, he hasn't played since 2018 in the Frontier League where he was a corner outfielder and wasn't even the best hitter on his team. He refers to himself as a former player on social media. His signing was reported on Baseball America as a player, but I'm wondering if he was actually signed as a developmental coach or a fundamentals coach rather than as a player.

Former Professional Baseball Player. UCLA Baseball.

Ty Moore
@Ty29Moore

29 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

He never actually played for the Winnipeg Goldeyes, he play one game for the Sioux City team in the AA and then was apparently cut. He played that season in the Frontier League. 

8 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

The Orioles signed Ty Moore this past week. As far as I can tell, he hasn't played since 2018 in the Frontier League where he was a corner outfielder and wasn't even the best hitter on his team. He refers to himself as a former player on social media. His signing was reported on Baseball America as a player, but I'm wondering if he was actually signed as a developmental coach or a fundamentals coach rather than as a player.

I’m betting you’re right.   

On 11/15/2019 at 9:05 AM, Luke-OH said:

With the release of Collin Woody and Chris Madera, this makes sense. Those were two of the "players who are learning to coach and act as Development Coaches."

Roch announced some minor league signings. Many of the players known to be free agents who were not on Baseball America's list are included, so these signings aren't necessarily recent. Mason Williams and Cristian Alvarado probably the most notable, along with Ryan Ripken for a different reason.

• Upvote 1

Zastryzny seems like a reasonable addition to the back of the Norfolk rotation competition who could be an emergency call-up, should be an upgrade over some of the starters last year like Ortiz, Herb, Ysla, etc. We probably could have used him more last year than this coming year as we should have a reasonable Norfolk rotation with all of the pitchers who were successful last season at Bowie.

• Like 1