2019-20 Offseason Tracker

Enjoy Terror

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Does it say how much he got?

Yakult Inoua, whose number is “25” Throwing a ball

On the 5th, Yakult announced the acquisition of Gabriel Inouah (26) = 188 cm, 93 km, right-handed and right-handed = who climbed 36 games in the US major league, Orioles. An annual salary of 600,000 dollars (about 65.4 million yen) plus a one-year contract for volume payments, and the spine number was set to “25”.

The right arm from the Dominican Republic commented, “I want to thank Yakult Swallows for giving me a wonderful opportunity. I look forward to playing in Japan as a new life experience and contributing to the victory of the team.”

Throwing a ball that strikes a ball with a sinker and slider on a straight ball of more than 150 kilos. This season, he started 36 games such as starting 13 games, 1 win and 10 losses, and his defense rate was 5.61. Okumura's organization manager in charge of the international team was expected to be a good pitcher.

On 11/15/2019 at 9:05 AM, Luke-OH said:

The Orioles signed Ty Moore this past week. As far as I can tell, he hasn't played since 2018 in the Frontier League where he was a corner outfielder and wasn't even the best hitter on his team. He refers to himself as a former player on social media. His signing was reported on Baseball America as a player, but I'm wondering if he was actually signed as a developmental coach or a fundamentals coach rather than as a player.

Poking around Ty Moore's twitter today; his bio is now: 

"@Orioles Player Development. OnBaseU Hitting & Pitching Level 1 Certified."

Tim DeJohn, the new GCL Orioles development coach also mentions OnBaseU:

"OnBaseU is dedicated to studying how baseball/softball athletes move. Our OnBaseU seminars teach professionals how to assess a player's movement capabilities."

Seems like this is an academy of sorts that the Orioles value for their coaches. I had not heard of it before, but looking through their twitter feed, other teams (Tigers) are using them as well.

The Orioles have parted ways with LHP Matthew Hammonds (Delmarva) and RHP Jose A. Rodriguez (DSL).

Hammonds was the Orioles 29th round pick in 2017. He may have retired voluntarily. Was blasted in Frederick for 6ER over 0.2 IP but otherwise never pitched above Delmarva.

Rodriguez was an international signing by the Rockies in 2014, and had also played in the Brewer's system before signing with the O's in 2018. He is also 24 years old in the DSL, so the writing may have been on the wall for him.

The Orioles have also signed former Blue Jay pitcher Danny Barnes to a minor league contract.

The 30 year old was a 35th round pick by the Jays in 2010; the Orioles would be his first job outside that organization. Barnes pitched 120 inning for the major league team between 2016-2018 to a 4.33ERA. Barnes spent five weeks on the DL in 2018 and was outrighted  in January 2019, where he spent most of 2019 rehabbing an injury. Barnes elected free agency at the end of the 2019 season.