Thursday's Hot Stove Show

Going Underground

2 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Givens ain't getting Edwards. 

With the Orioles salary being comically low right now, they could agree to take on some portion of the $67.5M owed to Wil Myers in exchange as part of a trade.

I'm certain it won't happen, and I don't know enough about MLB budgets to argue it should, but it's a fun idea. Gives the Orioles farm system a boost, and lets the Padres spend money on players who can actually play baseball well this winter (unlike Myers and Hosmer).

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, luismatos4prez said:

With the Orioles salary being comically low right now, they could agree to take on some portion of the $67.5M owed to Wil Myers in exchange as part of a trade.

I'm certain it won't happen, and I don't know enough about MLB budgets to argue it should, but it's a fun idea. Gives the Orioles farm system a boost, and lets the Padres spend money on players who can actually play baseball well this winter (unlike Myers and Hosmer).

I wonder if that general idea...taking a bad contract in order to get a good prospect...is something the O's would do. We're in a good spot to do that for 2-3 years. 

13 hours ago, luismatos4prez said:

Payroll is a Cobb and a Davis from being comically low.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:36 PM, luismatos4prez said:

We need to get much lower. 

• weams changed the title to Thursday's Hot Stove Show