Season tickets are up- new rewards/digital

eddie83

14 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I just received an email from “Mike Elias”. In the email it shows the new Birdland Member rewards. You can still get paper tickets if you choose for a cost. Looks like the cost is $22 for at least my package to print tickets.  This is early for the Orioles to get this out there. 

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/tickets/season-tickets

One thing that looks interesting is "Selfie Day." This is something a few other teams do, where Season Ticket Members get onto the warning track and can take pictures with players. This seems to replace the "Mid Season Autograph Session" that was missing last season.

No mention of gate times though.

It looks like you get them printed for free if you are a full season or 28 game plan holder, however they offer you extra rewards points if you choose all digital. The 13 game plan holders get digital by default and then have to pay extra if they want them printed. $22 for getting 26 tickets printed makes me lean towards going digital unfortunately. I really enjoy having the paper tickets. I think it makes it easier to pass them along to less technical savvy people. Also better for gifting to people. I also noticed they raised the price of parking to $10 a game. It's been $8 for season ticket holders for years and years. Wonder if it will go up for day of game cash parking. $10 is still cheap, but it is a 20% price increase for a last place team. I can't tell if tickets went up. I don't recall exactly what I paid last year, plus it varies from year to year depending on how many elite, prime, and classic games are on Sundays(I have the Sunday plan). My tickets average a bit over $20 now. I feel they averaged about $19 last year but I'm not positive.

Also noticed they changed the 29 game plan to 28 games. Wonder why they did that. It's been 29 games as long as I can remember. I did check and opening day is still one of the 28 games.

I definitely like the new rewards points structure on how you can earn them. I still don't understand why they don't let you carry them over from year to year. It seems like it's a way to get people to renew so they don't lose their points they accumulated over the years. Also might get someone to be a season ticket holder for several consecutive years to save up for one of the elite rewards like travel with the team to an away game.

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Little League Classic?

Yep. I was talking to my buddy and he reminded me.

7 minutes ago, josh35b said:

It looks like you get them printed for free if you are a full season or 28 game plan holder, however they offer you extra rewards points if you choose all digital. The 13 game plan holders get digital by default and then have to pay extra if they want them printed. $22 for getting 26 tickets printed makes me lean towards going digital unfortunately. I really enjoy having the paper tickets. I think it makes it easier to pass them along to less technical savvy people. Also better for gifting to people. I also noticed they raised the price of parking to $10 a game. It's been $8 for season ticket holders for years and years. Wonder if it will go up for day of game cash parking. $10 is still cheap, but it is a 20% price increase for a last place team. I can't tell if tickets went up. I don't recall exactly what I paid last year, plus it varies from year to year depending on how many elite, prime, and classic games are on Sundays(I have the Sunday plan). My tickets average a bit over $20 now. I feel they averaged about $19 last year but I'm not positive.

Also noticed they changed the 29 game plan to 28 games. Wonder why they did that. It's been 29 games as long as I can remember. I did check and opening day is still one of the 28 games.

I definitely like the new rewards points structure on how you can earn them. I still don't understand why they don't let you carry them over from year to year. It seems like it's a way to get people to renew so they don't lose their points they accumulated over the years. Also might get someone to be a season ticket holder for several consecutive years to save up for one of the elite rewards like travel with the team to an away game.

I’ve may look into the parking this year. I always park at the F/G/H lots. I usually exchange a high percentage of my games. I see where you can do that now on a limited basis for parking. I thought the main lots were always $10 and the FGH $8.  

17 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

One thing that looks interesting is "Selfie Day." This is something a few other teams do, where Season Ticket Members get onto the warning track and can take pictures with players. This seems to replace the "Mid Season Autograph Session" that was missing last season.

No mention of gate times though.

Yeah. Definitely some good stuff this year. Trying to do the math on how many points I will get.

I see the earlier you renew you are entered into sweepstakes. 

Also did anyone see the Field Box seats near home plate are now “Exclusively Orioles Packages Only”. Not sure what that entails. I’m sure the Orioles are trying to do their version of other teams high end tickets right behind home plate. 

29 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Yeah. Definitely some good stuff this year. Trying to do the math on how many points I will get.

I see the earlier you renew you are entered into sweepstakes. 

Also did anyone see the Field Box seats near home plate are now “Exclusively Orioles Packages Only”. Not sure what that entails. I’m sure the Orioles are trying to do their version of other teams high end tickets right behind home plate. 

I saw, but it doesn't change much. Those tickets were mainly purchased by companies anyway.

For years I’ve been hearing complaints here about how slow the O’s are to contact their fans about season tickets for the upcoming year.    It’s too soon to judge the new business and marketing team, but it appears at least they can handle Season Ticket Selling 101 better than the old crew.   

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

For years I’ve been hearing complaints here about how slow the O’s are to contact their fans about season tickets for the upcoming year.    It’s too soon to judge the new business and marketing team, but it appears at least they can handle Season Ticket Selling 101 better than the old crew.   

Agree totally,used to be the last or second to last with the Tigers for many years. The earliest I can remember was around December 4th many years back.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm disappointed.  We are clearly in a rebuild, as admitted by every member of the Orioles Management Team, so why are ticket prices not lowered while we rebuild?  Why am I expected to keep paying major league prices for an inferior product?  The Mrs really wants to renew, but I am having my doubts.  I didn't have much fun watching 15 losses in 20 games last year.  I can watch for "free" at home and just go to a few games.  I can't say a Why Not t shirt or any other reward giveaway is going to make me want to pay for a season plan.

Convince me Orioles Hangout.  Convince me Orioles Management.  Somebody convince me!!!!

I was on the fence about renewing. The rewards pushed me over the edge. I really, really, enjoyed the batting practice at the stadium last year. I will have the memory a long time of making solid contact (hearing the crack of the bat and not feeling anything in the hands because I hit it squarely) and hitting a clean liner to left with a MLB player's bat (Cedric Mullins) at Camden Yards (with Al Bumbry pitching!). My wife was super jealous and we are looking forward to doing the Field Day together this year.

Living right next to the stadium, my costs are significantly lower, but between the rewards, free MLB.tv (though I would prefer free milb.tv even though it is cheaper) sitting in the front row of my section in the upper deck right behind the plate, and being able to trade for other games on a dollar-for-dollar basis (we don't go to any non-giveaway games that are priced higher than classic), they got my money for at least one more year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dipper9 said:

I may be in the minority here, but I'm disappointed.  We are clearly in a rebuild, as admitted by every member of the Orioles Management Team, so why are ticket prices not lowered while we rebuild?  Why am I expected to keep paying major league prices for an inferior product?  The Mrs really wants to renew, but I am having my doubts.  I didn't have much fun watching 15 losses in 20 games last year.  I can watch for "free" at home and just go to a few games.  I can't say a Why Not t shirt or any other reward giveaway is going to make me want to pay for a season plan.

Convince me Orioles Hangout.  Convince me Orioles Management.  Somebody convince me!!!!

It depends if you are living paycheck to paycheck with an unsure future. If you are still going to Disney, I'd  suggest that  doing what the wife wants almost always works out.  We are not going to win now or next year. You may get to see the gestational phases of the next core at the major league leve. Like when we saw Manny. And Wieters. And even Nick Markakis. Adam Jones at age 20. That kind of stuff.  At least you won't be watching Jay Payton. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Yep. I was talking to my buddy and he reminded me.

I’ve may look into the parking this year. I always park at the F/G/H lots. I usually exchange a high percentage of my games. I see where you can do that now on a limited basis for parking. I thought the main lots were always $10 and the FGH $8.  

Yes, the little league classic, thanks guys.

You are right that the FGH was $8 and A/BC/D/N were $10, however it has always been $8 for any lot for season ticket holders, at least as far back as I can remember. You used to be able to trade in parking dollar for dollar, so if you gave them a parking pass, they gave you an $8 credit that you could use towards tickets or parking. Last year they said they could only swap parking for parking because they had some new company take over the lots or something. When I traded in a BC, they would try to give me another BC if they had it, otherwise I would get FGH. My guess is they increase day of game cash parking to $15, maybe $12 for FGH. Curious though, that's just a guess on my part.  

• Upvote 1