When was Josh Hader a Rule 5 pick?

SteveA

This MLB.com primer/FAQ on the winter meetings, in its section on the Rule 5 draft, lists Josh Hader as an example of someone from the Rule 5 draft that achieved success.   I have no recollection of this.   I thought the Orioles drafted him, trade him to Houston, and he was traded to Milwaukee.  (I was playing in a poker tournament with Hader's mother's fiance who is a friend of mine, and I found out about the trade to Milwaukee on the phone and informed my friend his future step son had been dealt).

So when was he in the Rule 5 draft?

https://www.mlb.com/news/winter-meetings-faqs-primer-c301590062

What is the Rule 5 Draft?

The Rule 5 Draft is the annual grand finale of the Winter Meetings, taking place on Thursday morning as executives prepare to depart. It is an opportunity for teams to take a chance on untapped talent and, while the players involved are little more than lottery tickets, it has uncovered some real gems over the years.

The Rule 5 Draft involves players who were left off their team's 40-man roster and were either A. signed at age 19 or older and have played in professional baseball for at least four years or B. signed at 18 or younger and have played for at least five years. A team that selects a player in the Rule 5 Draft pays $100,000 to the team from which he was selected, and the receiving team must keep the player on the Major League 26-man roster or injured list (though the player must be active for at least 90 days) for the entirety of the following season. If the player does not remain on the roster, he must be offered back to the team from which he was selected for $50,000. All players on a team's 40-man roster are "protected" from the Rule 5 Draft, and only teams with vacancies on their 40-man at the time of the Draft can participate (in reverse order of the previous season's standings). It is conceivable that there will be more Rule 5 activity this year, with the 2020 expansion of active rosters from 25 to 26 players.

Roberto Clemente, Johan Santana, Dan Uggla, Josh Hader and Joakim Soria are the most famous examples of impact players who were acquired in the Rule 5 Draft. There are also Triple-A and Double-A phases of the Draft.