Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

MurphDogg

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

So .... Just thinking out loud .... You lose 4 wins with Villar plus the wins below replacement for the rule 5 A level ballplayer that is no where near ready to play at the majors. Richie Martin was -.6 and played at AA. So this guy is proabably be worse.

And Bundy was worth 2.3 and David Hess was worth -1.1

So you've just lost 8+ games

I hope you understand that it doesn't work like that. It's just a data format to evaluate approximately with. It is not a version of how many wins are actually created. 

Just now, weams said:

I hope you understand that it doesn't work like that. It's just a data format to evaluate approximately with. It is not a version of how many wins are actually created. 

Well actually I was half kidding....  I remember Villar scoring the winning run a few times and even a walk off or two. I am placing the over/under at 50 games. If they move Mancini you can probably add another 4 or 5 to that

Just now, RZNJ said:

Were you complaining that Elias is a "numbers" guy?  

That's funny any way you look at it. He was a major college pitcher. Considered for some draft boards before injury. A hands on scout. A director of amateur scouting and a VP of player development and minor league operations. 

Yeah he can count. He was an Ivy Leaguer.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

Well actually I was half kidding....  I remember Villar scoring the winning run a few times and even a walk off or two. I am placing the over/under at 50 games. If they move Mancini you can probably add another 4 or 5 to that

A win above replacement does not equate to an actual win. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

That's funny any way you look at it. He was a major college pitcher. Considered for some draft boards before injury. A hands on scout. A director of amateur scouting and a VP of player development and minor league operations. 

Yeah he can count. He was an Ivy Leaguer.

But I never complained about his math skills. You know what my complaints were based on the threads. It had everything to do with negotiating and that kind of stuff.