Do you like the Bundy trade?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Bundy trade?

• Yes - timing is good and not a bad return
    • No - not enough return to move him now
    • No - didn’t want to trade him, period
    • Meh - don’t hate it but had thought we could get more

2 hours ago, atomic said:

Remember when everyone was saying Bundy was untouchable?  

2 hours ago, atomic said:

I am talking before Tommy John surgery.

Houston would have traded Bud Norris for him while he was out with TJ surgery, per the documents the Cardinals executive hacked off the Astros’ computer system.   

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Houston would have traded Bud Norris for him while he was out with TJ surgery, per the documents the Cardinals executive hacked off the Astros’ computer system.   

We would have been able to keep Josh Hader and our comp pick but what would have Can of Corn had to complain about for the last five years if we did that. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

This is betting on Holt and crew. 

I think this is the core of what ME is doing. Like when DD arrived and started churning the 40-man. ME is betting on development in the minors of those he deems worthy and any he can acquire. He has little to trade, spent most of last draft on position players, now is supplementing minors with college arms he scouted using available assets. Will be interesting how much Holt and Co. can do to separate wheat from chaff.  Might shorten the time for minors to top 10 & feeding MLB team or result in a barn (warehouse) fire.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I always like to have a poll to look back on for our significant transactions.    No need to comment here if you’ve already commented in the other thread, but please vote.   

Impossible to answer this question right now (time will tell), but I'm happy he was traded. Especially as devoid of pitching talent as our minor league system is. The more young pitchers we have the better the odds that one of them hits. 

For this record, I don't think this going to be a Jake Arrieta situation. Bundy is what he is. A guy, prone to the long ball, whocan flirt with a 4.50 era in a good year, but who will be closer to 5.00 most years. 

I like the trade.

Yes it's a bunch of marginal/filler guys but at least we were able to get something for Bundy. 

I guess we could have waited until the trade deadline, but I just don't see Bundy pitching well enough to improve his value, probably a better chance to hurt what little value he has.