Frobby

Do you like the Bundy trade?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Bundy trade?

• Yes - timing is good and not a bad return
    • No - not enough return to move him now
    • No - didn’t want to trade him, period
    • Meh - don’t hate it but had thought we could get more

I voted the meh option, but I don't really think they could have gotten much more.  You're not going to get a whole lot for Bundy, but you're also not going to win anything in the years Bundy had remaining with the Orioles, and he's not going to push a team towards the playoffs.  They traded a guy who was a decent pitcher in 2020 for guys who might help later and are more-or-less costing nothing.

• Upvote 2

I also chose Meh. I understand what Elias is trying to do, but the optics of both the Villar and Bundy trades isn't flattering to the organization.  The prospects are decent and have potential to be good returns... each of them. So, I'd hoped for more, but trust that Elias is doing what he needs to. 

6 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I also chose Meh. I understand what Elias is trying to do, but the optics of both the Villar and Bundy trades isn't flattering to the organization.  The prospects are decent and have potential to be good returns... each of them. So, I'd hoped for more, but trust that Elias is doing what he needs to. 

Well, optics, shmoptics.    If it’s good for the team, I’m for it.    I just wish I was a little more excited about any of the players we got in return.    Hopefully I’ll look back on this deal next September and say now I’m excited.    They’re all sort of lottery ticket types.

• Like 1

So a couple things:

Bundy’s trade value was not trending up. We can talk about his career resurrection in LA when we get to that mountain but like Jake Arrieta, we all have to sit here and look at the Bundy we have right now and speculate whether he will be better. I would not personally put my own money in Bundy being better than he is right now ever again in his career.

Then there is the return; is it any good? I don’t think anyone knows. Not enough data. What does Elias know? Nothing beyond college statistics, that’s all that exists. I don’t think these guys are any more or less important than the college arms that came out of our own draft this year.

I’m disappointed that Bundy was not able to leave a better legacy in Baltimore. Injuries destroyed the promising career that never was.

• Upvote 1

It's whatever.

Was like the Orioles get a handful of extra mid-round draft picks and using them for college arms. Bundy didn't have a ton of trade value. When you know your not getting quality no matter what and you trust your method of developing pitchers. It's one of those times a quantity approach works.

24 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

So a couple things:

Bundy’s trade value was not trending up. We can talk about his career resurrection in LA when we get to that mountain but like Jake Arrieta, we all have to sit here and look at the Bundy we have right now and speculate whether he will be better. I would not personally put my own money in Bundy being better than he is right now ever again in his career.

Then there is the return; is it any good? I don’t think anyone knows. Not enough data. What does Elias know? Nothing beyond college statistics, that’s all that exists. I don’t think these guys are any more or less important than the college arms that came out of our own draft this year.

I’m disappointed that Bundy was not able to leave a better legacy in Baltimore. Injuries destroyed the promising career that never was.

Peek is a better version of McLarty, better third pitch. 

Brnovich is a better version of Gillispie, better out pitch and third pitch. 

At least at draft time, I've watched them all pitch a number of starts. We'll see how they develop. 

• Upvote 3