Instant Replay Begins on Thursday

J.D.

So, any team that lost a game this year prior to not having instant replay, oh well? I think it's a bad idea to do it once the season had started.

I rather they started getting things right, right now, rather than wait until next year. Imagine a playoff game this year where the umps blow a review-able call. What's the excuse? They thought consistency was more important than fixing a problem with a ready-to-implement solution?

So, any team that lost a game this year prior to not having instant replay, oh well? I think it's a bad idea to do it once the season had started.

Yeah, pretty much. Oh well. Those weren't the rules in place at the time. They are now. I applaud MLB for making the change NOW rather than waiting till a bigger controversy (like in a World Series game) forces their hand about it. I still think they're about 10 years behind the curve on this, but hey... better late than never.

I rather they started getting things right, right now, rather than wait until next year. Imagine a playoff game this year where the umps blow a review-able call. What's the excuse? They thought consistency was more important than fixing a problem with a ready-to-implement solution?

I have no problem with them using it in the post-season. Than every team in the post-season play is playing on an even field, by the same rules. I think it stinks that almost 5/6 of the season has been played, and now they're going to do the instant replay.

Imagine if the NFL decides in November to do away with instant replay.

Archived