Maryland vs. Iowa

Oriole4Life

Road game at Iowa, where the Terps have had some success recently.  See if we can stop Luke Garza, who is averaging 22.1 points this season.  Will be another interesting matchup for Stix.  Might see double teams on him.  I'd like to see Morsell give him a tough time.  Terps are two point favorites.  It's gonna be a close game.

We are letting Iowa get lots of open shots too.  The offense is sloppy and ugly.  So many missed free throws I stopped counting.  Cowan is not a good free throw shooter.  Every game he'll miss a few and the announcers will say, "a rare miss from Cowan."  No, it's not rare. 

10 minutes ago, vatech1994 said:

Cowen shot free throws at 78% as a freshman, 81% as a sophomore, 85% as a junior, and 77% so far this year.  He is by all definitions a good free throw shooter although I don’t understand the step back so far this year and tonight he has certainly not shot them well.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4066371/anthony-cowan-jr

Yeah this year has been had.  I have a hard time considering anything under 80% good.  I'm a 37 year old white dude, and I could shoot better than 77%.  Granted I'm not even close to the level they are playing on, but free throws shouldn't be that difficult.

1 minute ago, vatech1994 said:

3 plays so far this half where Iowa played harder than Maryland and it cost us.  Stop freaking styling Ayala.

That wasn't Ayalas' fault, the feed took an eternity to get to him and he had to slow down to catch it.  He went up with 2 hands, I don't think there's anything else he could have done to make it more high-percentage.  Good play by the Iowa defender.

Yeah, Wiggins and Ayala have taken steps back this year, particularly Wiggins.  Talented guys, they need to find their confidence and shot.

I am not convinced this is a very deep team.  The bench isn't that good.  The turnovers are baffling.  When you have a senior like Cowan making dumb mistakes you are in trouble.

Just gonna chalk it up as a bad game on the road.  Iowa played harder plain and simple.

1 minute ago, murph said:

I just sat down to watch the game in holy crap! Guess they started slow again. And back the way they were playing a few weeks ago. I just don’t get it.   

They started fast.  They decided to play like crap for the last 10 minutes of the first half this time.

• Thanks 1