Chris Davis, 2020

Frobby

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

I couldnt find ST stats for 2019, but 2018 he OPS of .777

I recall he had an OPS over .800 last spring, though he had a pretty low BA and a lot of strikeouts.   He hit a few homers over the spring.     

I think the K’s are the big thing to look for, especially how they happen.    Even when Davis was good he struck out a lot, but he didn’t have that deer in the headlights look he’s had the last 2-3 years.     

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I recall he had an OPS over .800 last spring, though he had a pretty low BA and a lot of strikeouts.   He hit a few homers over the spring.     

I think the K’s are the big thing to look for, especially how they happen.    Even when Davis was good he struck out a lot, but he didn’t have that deer in the headlights look he’s had the last 2-3 years.     

I didnt catch how he wasnt using his whole body, until seeing him hit this spring.

A long way until opening day, but it starting to look promising.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I didnt catch how he wasnt using his whole body, until seeing him hit this spring.

A long way until opening day, but it starting to look promising.

I was wrong about last spring’s OPS.    His slash line was .189/.318/.432 for a .750 OPS.

https://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34329-189318432/&tab=comments#comment-2437503

I’m far from optimistic, but keeping an open mind about whether his added bulk will at least allow him to hit a few more fingers and maybe regain some confidence.    

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I was wrong about last spring’s OPS.    His slash line was .189/.318/.432 for a .750 OPS.

https://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34329-189318432/&tab=comments#comment-2437503

I’m far from optimistic, but keeping an open mind about whether his added bulk will at least allow him to hit a few more fingers and maybe regain some confidence.    

confidence is along the lines of what I said last week, about some of hitting is just plain mental.

Im hopeful, not expecting major miracles, I cant see the owner dumping salary, in spite of the 10 million posts on OH saying they should.

So bottom line, I would rather see some improvement and not see a repeat of the past 3 seasons.

Im also smart enough to not bet money than coffee money on it happening.

5 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I know it is extreme small sample, but when was the last time he put together 8 PA's anywhere near what he's done so far? Is it too early to say the bulking may be helping and there's a chance of a .700 OPS this year? Going opposite field too. New swing?

Is it too early to speculate that he might have taken some juice over the winter.

24 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

It's never too early.   Funny that he sucked for 3 years but never thought about bulking back up before.   Decisions.  Decisions.  1) "Do I continue to take a beating from the fans over sucking?".   2) "Do you take a buyout to spare myself the embarassment of being so bad while collecting so much money?'  or 3) "Do I try to regain something of the form I had, collect all of my money, and not get roasted by the fans and media?".      It looks like he chose #3 but if '#3 was as easy as lifting like crazy over the winter you have to wonder why he didn't do that prior to 2018 and 2019.   Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Have to agree.If he gets caught then he can retire,