Orioles Roar Back to TIe, Fall on Error

weams

I’m really interested in what are the most important things to look at in these brief appearances. The guy comes in and throws 15 pitches, what’s the most important thing about those 15 pitches?

Yesterday Phillips was awful, today a couple of guys were awful, the other guys were OK to good to great to fabulous.

I don’t know what to look for, I just hope the guys who make the decisions are seeing the right things.

2 hours ago, Philip said:

I’m really interested in what are the most important things to look at in these brief appearances. The guy comes in and throws 15 pitches, what’s the most important thing about those 15 pitches?

Yesterday Phillips was awful, today a couple of guys were awful, the other guys were OK to good to great to fabulous.

I don’t know what to look for, I just hope the guys who make the decisions are seeing the right things.

I figure you have to give the pitchers at least 3 appearances before you draw any preliminary conclusions, unless you can just see that their stuff is drek.   

2 hours ago, Philip said:

Not things that we have access to. 

3 hours ago, Philip said:

Simple things: Repeatable mechanics (does the pitcher look like he is doing the same thing every single pitch, motion wise), if it’s a newer pitch, does it look like they have a good feel for it? Does the fastball seem to show some movement? If the pitcher gets hit around a bit, do they seem like they power through? Do they leave pitches up?

• Thanks 1