MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

2 hours ago, UpstateNYfan said:

It is certainly about the $$$, the union wants players to be paid and owners want some tv revenue. They (MLB) will claim it is an attempt to get back to normalcy, but there would be little normal about it. Without fans it will be more like a scrimmage or sim game IMO. Honestly, if I was a vet player, sacked away millions (like Chris Davis), I'd hang up my spikes rather than go through this mirage ball in the desert.

Yeah any player with millions isn't going to want to spend 2 weeks in quarantine and then months in seclusion away from family.  I think this whole plan is lunatical.  They are going to test every player continuously?  Where are they going to get the tests from and is the plan to take the tests away from people who need them so they can have this folly.  Tanaka already went back to Japan he won't be coming back.  

2 hours ago, UpstateNYfan said:

It is certainly about the $$$, the union wants players to be paid and owners want some tv revenue. They (MLB) will claim it is an attempt to get back to normalcy, but there would be little normal about it. Without fans it will be more like a scrimmage or sim game IMO. Honestly, if I was a vet player, sacked away millions (like Chris Davis), I'd hang up my spikes rather than go through this mirage ball in the desert.

Yeah any player with millions isn't going to want to spend 2 weeks in quarantine and then months in seclusion away from family.  I think this whole plan is lunatical.  They are going to test every player continuously?  Where are they going to get the tests from and is the plan to take the tests away from people who need them so they can have this folly.  Tanaka already went back to Japan he won't be coming back.  

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd go with Power Station, Asia or The Firm if I was looking for an 80's super group.  Heat of the Moment is just such a well crafted song.

Lead singers of Power Station and Asia are both dead. 

Huey-Lewis-Fore-e1511898134886.jpg

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released this; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

Huey-Lewis-Fore-e1511898134886.jpg

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released this; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself

https://www.mlb.com/video/huey-lewis-speaks-about-baseball-c1246202983

49 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

One they said is because the stadiums are real close to each other in Arizona. Second the modeling for Florida and Arizona at the present time shows much more hospitalizations and deaths in Florida. Maybe they think in Arizona less disruption to essential services at this time.

I also think the capacity for getting as many games in is a very significant factor.  It doesn't rain much in Arizona.  When the Cubs moved out of Dayton, Florida, I knew an individual with knowledge that it was due to the high amount of rain outs and shortened games.