Funniest quotes thread

The reality is I've never seen any of these guys live and I'm not a baseball scout.  Who knows how things may play out a few years from now?   Some unknown guys will be studs, and some studs will busts...  

But there is disappointment that Elias and Co. didn't go with the consensus top player with the 2nd pick nor an overslot guy at #30.  So I've been compiling people's lines I thought were the best so far:

1. "See...?  This is why I drink..."

2. "For now on, DeCosta should make all the picks".

3. "This Kjerstad guy might be another Chris Davis- tremendous lefty power with a lot of strikeouts...  Maybe he can pitch an inning and play a crappy third base..."

4. (My wife's) "I thought the idea was to make the Orioles better, not the Blue Jays...."

5. "Why draft an elite on-base machine when you can take guys that strike out a lot..."

Feel free to keep them coming!

13 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

"If any on of us could have gotten an "A", presumably by picking chalk, how valuable is an "A" from this evaluator?"

Yep. Reminds me a bit of some Cinci Bengals drafts over the past decade or so (notorious for their bare bones scouting operation), seemingly using Mel's best available to make their picks. Ends up with a favorable media grade, but like you said, is that what you want your professional FO to be doing? no.

Just now, BohKnowsBmore said:

Yep. Reminds me a bit of some Cinci Bengals drafts over the past decade or so (notorious for their bare bones scouting operation), seemingly using Mel's best available to make their picks. Ends up with a favorable media grade, but like you said, is that what you want your professional FO to be doing? no.

Sorry, forgot to credit Can O' Corn for the quote.

• Thanks 1