Free MLB.TV and The Athletic subscription for T-Mobile subscribers

MurphDogg

Side note here. 

I am a long term subscriber of Directv. Years ago I got the NFL Sunday ticket but it’s been years. This year I am getting it for free from them. Sent me an email back in April. 

People should be aware this year that there may be more opportunities with good deals than usual. 

12 hours ago, Philip said:

It’s for real folks, I’ve done it the last three years, And because it’s free, I don’t scream when they blacked out all the home games, although if I were paying for it I sure as hell would.

Just get a VPN and you don’t even need to worry about them being blacked out

2 hours ago, Philip said:

Is there a particular one that you need, or one that you recommend?

I used ExpressVPN but I’m not really that knowledgeable on it to be honest. It worked great though, sometimes the picture would get a little pixelated but I’m not sure if that was my internet or the VPN. I think I paid $100 for a year? But I use it for other stuff as well 

17 minutes ago, oriole said:

I used ExpressVPN but I’m not really that knowledgeable on it to be honest. It worked great though, sometimes the picture would get a little pixelated but I’m not sure if that was my internet or the VPN. I think I paid $100 for a year? But I use it for other stuff as well 

So $100 for the VPN and then $49 for the one team MLBTV.   Seems pricey for 2 months of baseball. 

1 hour ago, atomic said:

So $100 for the VPN and then $49 for the one team MLBTV.   Seems pricey for 2 months of baseball. 

Well the mlb.tv would be free with T-mobile and the VPN only really makes it worth it if you also want it for other things. But yeah, $150 if it’s all for 2 months of baseball is pricey

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've been questioning their business model this whole time.

But I'm probably wrong.

I have my doubts about The Athletic being profitable too with a subscription only model. I don't see enough people wiling to pay money for sports reporting even if it's well done.

I could see it potentially working if they provide good sports gambling coverage. Sports gamblers wanting a leg up will consider paying for good intelligence. Maybe The Athletic does this, but I haven't heard about it.