Phillies Box Scoregate

wildcard

I listened to the game last night until they cut it off.  Then followed the box score until the O's won 4-1 or 5-1 depending on whether Mountcastle's 10th inning homer counts or not.  So this morning I see the Phillies won the game 3-2 according to MLB's box score.   Same pitchers and players for both sides.  Just a different outcome.   

Apparently someone with the Phillies or MLB or the press wanted the Phillies to win so much they changed the scoring.    Now I know the integrity in baseball in not real high these days.  After all a team can cheat their way to a World Series Championship.   But a GM and three managers lost there jobs for that.    So where are you Mr Manfred?   Is there any integrity in MLB reporting?   

Now I know its just an exhibition game,  or a regular season game or a World Championship .....so what does it matter.  Its just sports.  I am so tired of this lying culture I could spit.  But, of course, spitting is not allowed.   But what the heck, Tuu.

Its seem that if someone wants something to be true, just report it as being true.  And that makes it true.

So I am reporting right here and now that the Orioles Won the 2020 MLB World Series Championship.   I want it to true....... so now it is.   It has as much validity as last night's MLB Box Score.

• Haha 1

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/orioles-vs-phillies/2020/07/19/632171#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=632171

I dunno exactly what you are talking about but it sounds like a pretty rough time.  Hope the rest of your day gets better.   I guess there were some potential shenanigans with counting the 10th inning or not...but this has us winning 4-1.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps the same person who hijacked the game TV feed did the same with the box score. 

After reading this I checked and sure enough it said Phillies won 3-2. They had Knapp with a HR, he actually K’d. It also gave Eshelman the W. Quite the accomplishment, getting the W from the losing team. Now it is fixed to 4-1 Orioles. 

I hope a thorough investigation takes place. I see an ESPN 30 for 30 many years down the road about this.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/orioles-vs-phillies/2020/07/19/632171#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=632171

I dunno exactly what you are talking about but it sounds like a pretty rough time.  Hope the rest of your day gets better.   I guess there were some potential shenanigans with counting the 10th inning or not...but this has us winning 4-1.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You might want to check mlb.com.

He was right. I checked my at bat app and sure enough it said 3-2 Phillies. Then I guess it updated and fixed it. 

Someone was having a little bit of fun. 

4 minutes ago, Aglets said:

ESPN app has it as 3-2 Phillies right now. Still lists Wheeler as the loser though

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I figured this one was pretty obvious. 

Obviously sarcastic or obviously serious? Lol. 

FWIW, the current box score still has us with 4 outs in the 5th. 

Valaika flyout to CF, 2 out.

Dilson Herrera strikes out swinging, 2 out. Dilson Herrera to first. 2 out. 

As far as I remember, Herrera went straight to the dugout. 

10 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Obviously sarcastic or obviously serious? Lol. 

FWIW, the current box score still has us with 4 outs in the 5th. 

Valaika flyout to CF, 2 out.

Dilson Herrera strikes out swinging, 2 out. Dilson Herrera to first. 2 out. 

As far as I remember, Herrera went straight to the dugout. 

We did have 4 outs in the 5th.  But the top of the 4th was stopped with only one out and men on 1sr and 2nd.  So we only made one out in the 4th, and got an extra one in the 5th.

38 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The OP wasn't sarcastic.  But the following comments were.

Getting bent out of shape about a ST box score.  Now I've seen it all.

Exactly. Be grateful for the opportunity to see baseball again. 

• Like 1