Attention Chris Davis

SteveA

38 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Well if a former 1-1 pick who was considered a generational talent and has developed into a perennial all star and MVP candidate (and is still in his prime years) can do it, then surely anyone can

Ron Darling says that it's not hard to bunt.  He said on TV that these guys don't practice and that if they did they could bunt.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jagwar said:

Have you actually watched when Chris Davis tried to bunt? It really didn't go well.  

He’s tried maybe 3-4 times in the 3 years he’s been struggling.     And I agree those didn’t look good but I just don’t think he tried it enough.    

Nice to see him get that double in the 9th.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

You can be in shape, you know, low body-fat percentage, nice muscle mass, good cardiovascular health, and still be clumsy and nonathletic. 

I used to be in good shape when I was in the service, I was still crap at sports because I'm uncoordinated.

o

I beg to differ ....... you can type and think at the same time. ) ;)

o

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Ok so he doesn't go 5 for 6.  He can't go 2 for 10?  But it's easy.

I would guess because bunting is only half the equation. Have to have some wheels to beat it out which I doubt Darling had. Wasn't a power threat, defense had no incentive at all to give him any room to bunt for a single.

• Upvote 1