Marlins ( and now Phillies) season(s) on pause, O's to host Yankees on Wednesday and Thursday

MurphDogg

7 minutes ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

I bet Manfred wishes he would have gone Adam Silver.. we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Yes.

Adam Silver is the best commissioner in sports, and it's not even remotely close. 

23 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yeah to be clear I still have not seen "postponed" used for the O's/Marlins game. 

The funny thing is that they would probably be very happy canceling Orioles Marlins, but Yankees and Phillies? Heaven forbid!

9 minutes ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

That's a bit misleading from Heyman... we're literally just now learning of the outbreak this morning.. and there's no way for us to know just yet it it's truly "confined" to just the Marlins. They are almost certainly circling the wagons to have a "serious" discussion as I type this.

Heyman is not what I would call a skilled reporter. 

I was skeptical that they would be able to pull this off, but then the games started this weekend and I was immediately sucked right back in to the pure joy of the game and being able to root for my O's.  It was odd with the empty ballparks, etc., but it was as close to real baseball as it could get, and I had a blast watching on TV.  But it's pretty clear that this isn't going to work.  There are just too many logistical hurdles to clear.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I guess you need baseball that badly for some reason.  I really don't.  Made it this far this year without it, could keep going just fine.

I was of the opinion that we shouldn't have started it in the first place.  2020 is a lost year for many things... no reason baseball should have been any different.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Yes and at one point was a higher rated prospect in their system than Aaron Judge. It took awhile with the bat but he was always an amazing athlete with the ability for defensive wizardry. 
    • Does anybody know that he is an ex Yankee?
    • I put this ridiculousness in the game recap, but I think it belongs here as well.  Using AI you can really make some crazy stuff. 😂 https://suno.com/song/8f21dd9e-af4e-4284-9f23-c566260ca6ce
    • A buddy of mine made this with his AI. I figured I’d just put this here. 😂   https://suno.com/song/8f21dd9e-af4e-4284-9f23-c566260ca6ce
    • I was listening to MLB Prospects podcast last week. They talked about Gillen, and mentioned a lot about how he may be the best high school hitter. However, it’s a tough call where he’ll go because of a weak arm. They said the arm was injured, a right labrum, and his arm strength is not back after two years. So, probably wasn’t going to be a SS anyway when said and done due to size, maybe a 2B/LF or CF profile due to the weak arm and 60 speed. He was projected to maybe become the top high school player in the draft as a sophomore, but injured the shoulder and had some other injuries that have held him back. It is going to be interesting to see where Elias goes with picks 22 and 32. I would like to see Gillen there, but I think he’ll be gone. Kellon Lindsey is interesting, and maybe Billy Amick, along with one of the previous college hitters you mentioned will sneak through. Lindsey is rising fast.
    • A good friend of mine coaches college baseball.  He’s studied and dedicated his career to understanding how humans move. Not all humans move the same way.  An incredible talent could potentially be taught to move against his body’s preference and fail.  New wave progressive coaches understand how various body types work and the nuance to teach/coach them effectively.  
    • I'm still trying to figure out how this guy is out of the majors for 7 years and somehow manages to pick up 2 MPH on his fastball, at the age of 34.  But hey, I'm not complaining.   Statcast loves him so far this year.  Statcast thought he was a little unlucky in his last stint in the majors, and unsurprisingly they think he's getting a little lucky now, but even accounting for his good luck he's still in great pitcher territory.
  • Popular Contributors