Marlins ( and now Phillies) season(s) on pause, O's to host Yankees on Wednesday and Thursday

MurphDogg

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

All you need is 9 to play. Active roster is a max not a minimum. I wonder if we will be seeing some games with <25 players on the active roster. 

Realistically, hard to imagine Marlins playing within the next 10 days. Glad I don't have any of those guys on my fantasy team. 

MLBPA would have a field day with that one. 

Just now, orioles119 said:

Only 9 on the field at a time.

Pitching changes?  Injury during a game requiring a substitution?  You'd need at least 12-13 players going into a game, and that's probably not even enough.

5 minutes ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

...even with a deep cleaning, gotta wonder how anxious the Yankees are to go into Philly.  Maybe quarantining the visitor's clubhouse and using another area of the stadium as a team area.  This could get really messy.

Covid 19 is pretty much an airborne disease.  The chances of catching it by contact are minimal.

Just now, Ruzious said:

10 guys getting it from 1 team... Isn't that an indication that they're doing something wrong?  If you say it's not, then maybe it's time to shut down the season.  How is it no one or the other?

Fair question.

Only 9 on the field at a time.

Correct.  So...what happens if your starting pitcher is going to be at 75 pitches through 5 innings, you've got 10+ guys that are out for Covid and there are less than 26 guys on your active roster?  Is this the type of baseball you want?  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Correct.  So...what happens if your starting pitcher is going to be at 75 pitches through 5 innings, you've got 10+ guys that are out for Covid and there are less than 26 guys on your active roster?  Is this the type of baseball you want?  

No, but it may be the type of baseball we have to have in order to have a season.

How cavalier of you... such talk belongs in March/April/May.

Pot, meet kettle.  How cavalier of you.

I mean, I get it if a middle infielder with .3 WAR gets it and dies, no one cares.  But God forbid someone like Trout, Bellinger or Acuna gets it and dies.  I mean, would it be worth it then?

No, but it may be the type of baseball we have to have in order to have a season.

If that's the best they can do, then there's no reason to even have a season.  Might as well just put us out there.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

No, I'm kidding around.