Service time and call ups

calebelias

Someone coach me up. I know that certain aspects of service time have been prorated and minor leaguers have obviously been effected. In past years we needed to wait until I believe the 3rd week of May to save a year of arbitration. What is the date on this shortened season, more specifically when will we see Mountcastle? The Davis departure  stinks of him bailing on season, which would be a godsend for the O’s who are looking for a place to play a defensively limited Mountcastle.

Today was the date to get an extra year of team control, which is why the Jays brought up Nate Pearson to pitch against the Nats.

The Super 2 date varies every year (the one typically in late May) and there is no way to know for sure, but since it is typically 70 or so days into the season (which is 186 days long) , the corresponding day would be maybe 25 days into this 66 game season.

Again, that is just an estimate, the rule is that the top 22 percent of players with more than 2 and less than 3 years of service time are Super 2 eligible.

16 minutes ago, calebelias said:

Thanks. So roughly Aug 20th. Hopefully sooner.

Right. But the thing is, you don't actually know for sure until after the player's third season. And it is also possible that the rules change with the 2021 expiration of the Basic Agreement.