vs. PHILLIES, 8/11

OFFNY

31 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Wow. You think he won't get an RBI in the rest of 2020, or 2021, or 2022? Because there's no way they're going to trade him or release him.

I was trying for a reverse jinx for the team - and it got us a walk - and the tying run.    

Just now, allquixotic said:

How often across MLB is a pop-up dropped in play in the infield?

You can watch another 200 games, I don't think you'll see anything like that again.  What you just saw was super rare.  Wasn't even dropped, just terrible communication on something a little league team could have done a better job on.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

You can watch another 200 games, I don't think you'll see anything like that again.  What you just saw was super rare.  Wasn't even dropped, just terrible communication on something a little league team could have done a better job on.

From the Oriole's radio broadcast it sounded like a trip by the pitcher. Maybe a dropped ball. Possibly a line drive.

The guy is painting a picture with words, but it looks like a Jackson Pollock.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rich Mac said:

From the Oriole's radio broadcast it sounded like a trip by the pitcher. Maybe a dropped ball. Possibly a line drive.

The guy is painting a picture with words, but it looks like a Jackson Pollock.

The fielder (I don't remember who it was, but it wasn't the pitcher) tripped on the pitcher's mound. If he had been on flat grass I think he'd have caught it no problem.