Cutouts in the stands

Frobby

24 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

The cutouts are comical - borderline creepy - to me.  Especially the ones in the outfield stands.

I think what makes them creepy to me is that they are inconsistent in size.  If they were all life-sized it would be fine, but with them as they are I feel like I'm living in Uncanny Valley.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

I think what makes them creepy to me is that they are inconsistent in size.  If they were all life-sized it would be fine, but with them as they are I feel like I'm living in Uncanny Valley.

It's like something out of a dystopian sci-fi movie. Maybe a majority of the fans like it, but it doesn't work for me. 

2 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

The cutouts are comical - borderline creepy - to me.  Especially the ones in the outfield stands.

I do not like the cutouts at all.  The exception is when the Nats had cutouts just of Juan Soto’s family in left field to honor him when he got to play after he was out the beginning of the season with a false COVID positive.  

13 hours ago, CynBeth said:

I do not like the cutouts at all.  The exception is when the Nats had cutouts just of Juan Soto’s family in left field to honor him when he got to play after he was out the beginning of the season with a false COVID positive.  

I wasnt much in favor of them, until I heard the money was going to charities.

18 hours ago, ChipTait said:

The O's could add a few local celebrities/historical figures.  Edgar Allan Poe comes to mind.  How ironic would it be to have a John Waters cutout at an Orioles game!?

Ben Franklin is in the stands in Philly.  Also, a cat with a Phillies shirt ?  I really enjoy it and wish the O's would have done this for charity, too.

Edited by DoughBoy52

17 hours ago, waroriole said:

I haaaaaaate these cutouts. It’s so creepy looking and the horns for the crowd noise are awful. 

I actually love being able to see these empty stadiums. Makes you appreciate the beauty of Camden. 

Well, we have been appreciating the beauty of Camden for a long time, haven't we?

I guess they only showed it in the Phillies game, but I watched the 10 inning game on MLB network (day after as it got too late for me) and McCutchen was finding "kids" in the cutout sections and throwing them foul balls.  Also the Fanatic was in a section failing miserably to energize the fans.  Wasn't a fan before the Phillies series of the cutouts, but now knowing they go to charity and just seeing what some of the teams are doing (I think a few South Park characters were in Colorado the other day on ESPN when I was working out), its funny.