Tigers bringing some key prospects..Will we see Os do the same soon?

Sports Guy

We are starting to get close to the time where you are or likely will be past super 2 status.  With guys like Mountcastle, Diaz, Zimmerman, Kremer, Akin, et al, will the Os start to get these players up?  

I have felt most of them should have been up from day 1 because I didn’t see a reason for them to be held back because of service time or super 2..just not the types of players I would play those games with except maybe the initial service time for a few of them.

But now, it may be time.  Detroit doing this at this time can’t be coincidental.  I would think super 2 is the driving force here.

• Upvote 1

I don't see how they can justify it much longer. The team currently has a hole in LF and two of the team's best prospects can play left field and they are fighting for a playoff spot somehow. Mountcastle and/or Diaz should be here. 

I think we start to see Zimmerman, Kremer, and the new guy Lopez getting starts when Milone inevitably comes crashing back to earth or Cobb is traded.

28 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

We are starting to get close to the time where you are or likely will be past super 2 status.  With guys like Mountcastle, Diaz, Zimmerman, Kremer, Akin, et al, will the Os start to get these players up?  

I have felt most of them should have been up from day 1 because I didn’t see a reason for them to be held back because of service time or super 2..just not the types of players I would play those games with except maybe the initial service time for a few of them.

But now, it may be time.  Detroit doing this at this time can’t be coincidental.  I would think super 2 is the driving force here.

Why bring them up for a month and a half when you can wait until next year and get a whole year of control?

42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why bring them up for a month and a half when you can wait until next year and get a whole year of control?

We have gained an extra year of control this year anyway.

These arent can’t miss, superstar prospects.  They can come up and perform now and, even more importantly, the team can start to evaluate them for the long term.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

We have gained an extra year of control this year anyway.

These arent can’t miss, superstar prospects.  They can come up and perform now and, even more importantly, the team can start to evaluate them for the long term.

But if they wait until next may they get another additional year.

If it made sense to not promote Mountcastle last September than the same logic could hold true in 2020.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But if they wait until next may they get another additional year.

If it made sense to not promote Mountcastle last September than the same logic could hold true in 2020.

Nah.  The logic is past due on all of them.

By holding them down as long as they have this year, the extra year has been gained.

No need to keep play that game with these players.  If it were Adley or Hall, I would agree..but not these guys.  The control will be for plenty long enough and most of them don’t have much more to prove in the minors.

• Upvote 3