Trying to Salvage a Split (vs. RED SOX, 8/23)

OFFNY

7 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Mountcastle got a single yesterday, and a double today.

So he should get a triple on Tuesday, and a home run on Wednesday.

o

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think you math is off.

The single was his final at-bat, right?

If it was, then he is due for a triple his next time up, and a HR the at bat after.

o

The math is correct for both presumptions.

One for games, the other for plate appearances.

o

If it's the free game of the week on MLB TV, could they at least relax the blackout rules so I could watch live for once? They are losing out on so much money, because I would gladly pay the yearly cost if I could actually, you know, use the product. 

I love seeing some new guys get shots on the roster. Valaika did show some power in Colorado, so maybe he catches lightning in a bottle again this year. Love seeing Mountcastle and some of the younger guys get a shot. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I don’t think he’s trading those guys for a RP even if he’s controlled. I could see them adding a legit bat or a SP that’s controllable. 
    • 2022 Aberdeen - .221/.298/421.    31.8% K rate  7.7% BB rate 2023 Bowie - .251/.320/.456.         24.9% K rate  8.3% BB rate 2024 Norfolk - .296/.396/.486.       19.3% K rate  12.2% BB rate  
    • I’m going to preface this by saying (1) I expect to get crushed for bringing it up and (2) it shouldn’t impact trade deadline strategy.     I think Felix is going to pitch in the playoffs. There is nothing I have to go on other than gut feeling, in fact Elias has clearly stated otherwise. But I think that is what he is shooting for. I bring it up only on the premise of having a guy in the bullpen who could miss bats.  They could have him be a situational guy and leave Kimbrel where he is for this season. 
    • For Norfolk, Cook has started 29 games at 1B with a .996 fpct. and 5 games each at LF, CF, RF.   He started one game at 3B and made an error and at lower levels played a decent amount of 2B.   I think he’s probably an emergency/last resort guy at 2B/3B and @Tony-OH seems skeptical of his outfield defense in general.  Saying all that, with a LH heavy hitting OF he has a decent shot as soon as next year, especially if Norby gets moved.  Norby, with the ability to play LF/RF/2B would probably be his chief competitor for a backup role.  Also depends on what they do with Hays.
    • Your definition of what we need and @Bemorewins definiton of what we need may be different.    Getting a #3 starter he feels confident as a game #3 starter in the playoffs.   Who, in his mind, is that pitcher?   Fedde will not require one of those guys.  Crochet might.
    • We do not have to give up Holliday, Basallo, or Mayo to get what we need.
    • So you think Elias will give up one of the top 3 prospects to get upgrades?
  • Popular Contributors