Carroll
Phillips
Velasquez
Wynns
Wojo( already gone)
LeBlanc
Eshelman
Fulmer

Wojo just got dumped but I leave him in because he was on when I started this.

I think Valaika and Ruiz are also vulnerable because they aren’t that good. No reason not to look for better. Nunez may be victim of roster crunch, but that is arguable. Martin can back up Iglesias and the Waiver wire/Non-Tender/rule 5 Activity will focus on finding a good( or at least better) 3B. Maybe too soon, but the end is looming so why not.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

In order of most to least vulnerable I would add:

Urias

Kline

Lopez

Holaday

Valdez

Sulser

Ruiz

McKenna

Valaika

Depending on who we need to protect, I could see arguments for losing any of these guys. 

I don’t disagree with any of those choices, but I think some of them have more value than the guys who would replace them. I don’t think Kline or Sulser gets the axe just yet, and if we DFA Wynns, we need to keep Holaday.

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

In order of most to least vulnerable I would add:

Urias

Kline

Lopez

Holaday

Valdez

Sulser

Ruiz

McKenna

Valaika

Depending on who we need to protect, I could see arguments for losing any of these guys. 

I doubt the Lopez is vulnerable at this point.  He has done well and may end up in rotation on OD 2021.

McKenna is only 23.  I think he will get all of next year to show improvement.

Oddly enough I think Alberto belongs on this list.  He is doing just what he did last year.  Kill lefties and not hit righties.  How long will Elias put up with that as he gets more expensive?

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

I don’t disagree with any of those choices, but I think some of them have more value than the guys who would replace them. I don’t think Kline or Sulser gets the axe just yet, and if we DFA Wynns, we need to keep Holaday.

Players can be DFA'd and still get a minor league contract. 

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I doubt the Lopez is vulnerable at this point.  He has done well and may end up in rotation on OD 2021.

Oddly enough I think Alberto belongs on this list.  He is doing just what he did last year.  Kill lefties and not hit righties.  How long will Elias put up with that as he gets more expensive?

Do you think anyone would add him in Rule 5 and carry him on a MLB roster? He is pretty low on my list but I could see protecting some of our other guys over him if we needed to. 

16 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I thought about putting Alberto here,  because his defense is lousy. But he’s not easily replaced, And infield is where we are weakest. Iglesias is good, no need to change. Alberto is Serviceable for now. He’s Arbitration-eligible for the first time this fall so he’ll get a raise, but not too much.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

I thought about putting Alberto here,  because his defense is lousy. But he’s not easily replaced, And infield is where we are weakest. Iglesias is good, no need to change. Alberto is Serviceable for now. He’s Arbitration-eligible for the first time this fall so he’ll get a raise, but not too much.

This will be Alberto's 2nd arbitration year.  He was awarded 1.65M last year and will probably get 3M this year.  JMG.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

PS I disagree that Lopez has been good. Not bad I would agree with. And again, if keeping him means leaving any prospects unprotected he should be vulnerable. 

I think this will be the first year in a long time that pitching will not be the main priority of the off-season. I think the focus will be on assembling better all around infielders. Lopez’  2020 4.61 FIP Is almost a full run better than his 5.23 ERA, and as an Oriole, it’s better at 4.84 and 3.80, which is third-best on the team behind only Kremer and Akin( who have 31.1 innings between them.) I don’t know how he does it. His BABIP is only .220,(even though he’s not being helped by the defense) but I expect he’ll be here next April.

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

This will be Alberto's 2nd arbitration year.  He was awarded 1.65M last year and will probably get 3M this year.  JMG.

At Fangraphs it said arbitration eligible 2021, but yes his salary is 1.65. I just have misread that. I think he’s worth 3 mill, and I doubt we’ll find anyone better for less, or even slightly more.