Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

5 minutes ago, Bubble Buddy said:

Anybody know how Adam's defense in RF is looking? I feel like he should still have enough speed and arm to make it work out there. 

The advanced defensive metrics have him essentially at average for RF.    Very small sample.   

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2019 at 9:31 PM, MikeAD said:

Rochester might as well be Canada as well.  

Rochester and the O's had a 40 year affiliation, that worked pretty well until the PA and Syd Thrift era.. when the minors were treated as an inconvenience not a way to insure success. This relationship created a large O's fan base in Yankee territory. Just because it is North of the Mason-Dixon line does not make it Canada. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UpstateNYfan said:

Rochester and the O's had a 40 year affiliation, that worked pretty well until the PA and Syd Thrift era.. when the minors were treated as an inconvenience not a way to insure success. This relationship created a large O's fan base in Yankee territory. Just because it is North of the Mason-Dixon line does not make it Canada. 

Rochester had lots of guys on their squad in the early 70s that couldnt break into the bigs, almost like a cult following for them. :) :)

Lots of New York fans actually do not love the Yankees, crazy as it sounds. King George alienated many fans over the years with his decisions and antics.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

We know that's not gonna last.  Started out like a house on fire when we picked him up.

That said, I hope it does last.  I liked Beckham.  

Your right, he is a player prone to slumps.

I like him to, and wish him well.

I loved he had 3 dingers on opening day, I had to reread that like 4 times.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, UpstateNYfan said:

Thank you!     I associate the Rochester Red Wings as the breeding ground for many Orioles greats.    It is cold up there in the winter, though.     

This got me to thinking, I wonder what two Orioles teammates played the most games together?   The answer is Brooks Robinson and Boog Powell, who played 1,718 games together.   That’s pretty incredible.    I don’t know exactly how many games Nick and Adam played together, but I’d estimate about 950.    

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

This got me to thinking, I wonder what two Orioles teammates played the most games together?   The answer is Brooks Robinson and Boog Powell, who played 1,718 games together.   That’s pretty incredible.    I don’t know exactly how many games Nick and Adam played together, but I’d estimate about 950.    

Would have guessed Brooks and perhaps Belanger.  I'd imagine 2nd and 3rd place would include more combinations of Brooks and another Oriole.

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Would have guessed Brooks and perhaps Belanger.  I'd imagine 2nd and 3rd place would include more combinations of Brooks and another Oriole.

Total games played as an O:

Cal 3001

Brooks 2896

Belanger 1,962

Murray 1,884

Powell 1,763

Anderson 1,759

Blair 1,700

Jones 1,613

Singleton 1,446

Bumbry 1,428

Markakis 1,365

Roberts 1,326

I’ll stop there.   Anyone combo near the top probably combines with Cal or Brooks.    I’d guess it’s close between Cal/Brady and Brooks/Blair for no. 2.    Belanger played 5 years (467 games) after Brooks retired, plus a couple of years when Brooks wasn’t playing a ton.

Singleton overlapped 100% with Bumbry, so they are probably pretty high up there, though Bumbry usually didn’t play 25+ games a season so there are probably a lot of games Singleton played that Bumbry didn’t.

• Upvote 2