Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

Did anybody know that Aceves signed with the Yankees? I had not heard until I saw that he took the loss against the Brewers on Saturday night. (Thanks, Alfredo!) He's made only two appearances for the big club since being called up, both in relief of a terribly ineffective (and now DLed) CC Sabathia.

5/4 vs. TB: 5.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 5 K (lots of flyball outs, though)

5/10 vs. MIL: 2 IP, 2 H, 1 R (earned), 1 BB, 1 K, L (0-1)

Overall, a 1.23 ERA with a 0.82 WHIP in 7.1 innings.

Did anybody know that Aceves signed with the Yankees? I had not heard until I saw that he took the loss against the Brewers on Saturday night. (Thanks, Alfredo!) He's made only two appearances for the big club since being called up, both in relief of a terribly ineffective (and now DLed) CC Sabathia.

5/4 vs. TB: 5.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 5 K (lots of flyball outs, though)

5/10 vs. MIL: 2 IP, 2 H, 1 R (earned), 1 BB, 1 K, L (0-1)

Overall, a 1.23 ERA with a 0.82 WHIP in 7.1 innings.

He is going to replace CC in the rotation.

Johnson is just awful... go to wonder if he will still be on 25 man roster by end of year.

He'll be lucky to get a contract next year.

Arbitration system doesn't work at all for "closers". Way over valued.

To think two years ago the O's could have gotten Porcello for Johnson

3 months ago the O's could have gotten a haul for Wieters.

But we held them and will end up getting nothing.

Johnson is just awful... go to wonder if he will still be on 25 man roster by end of year.

He'll be lucky to get a contract next year.

Arbitration system doesn't work at all for "closers". Way over valued.

To think two years ago the O's could have gotten Porcello for Johnson

3 months ago the O's could have gotten a haul for Wieters.

But we held them and will end up getting nothing.

Please provide a source.

I know us folks on the board discussed that trade but I have not seen any evidence that the Tigers would have pulled the trigger on the deal.

I don't think the Tigers ever had any interest in Johnson, he doesn't strike enough guys out.

Actually Hader is already in High A... so he will be getting promotion to AA soon at the age of 20

One level ahead of Hunter Harvey at the same age.

Any particular reason, aside from trolling, that you decided to post practically identical content comparing Harvey and Hader in two threads minutes apart?

No reason except that I noticed the Harvey thread after this one and thought it was a more appropriate content for that thread.

Remarkable how similar their stats are this year, 1/3 of an inning difference, exactly the same number of walks and strikeouts... Harvey 8 months younger... Hader one level more advanced.

No reason except that I noticed the Harvey thread after this one and thought it was a more appropriate content for that thread.

Remarkable how similar their stats are this year, 1/3 of an inning difference, exactly the same number of walks and strikeouts... Harvey 8 months younger... Hader one level more advanced.

You can only get so much out of MiLB stats. You are better off waiting for the mid and post season prospect lists were experts that actually watch the players play can give their opinions.

I am interested to see if these two and for that mater Bridwell show up on the hot sheet tomorrow.

Just in the last couple days BP has had fairly in-depth reports on each of these guys and they say Hader could be a back-end starter if things go right, while Harvey is one of the best pitching prospects in the game.

Just in the last couple days BP has had fairly in-depth reports on each of these guys and they say Hader could be a back-end starter if things go right, while Harvey is one of the best pitching prospects in the game.

Of course with the O's luck developing pitchers...