Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

Hammel and Ervin Santana finally pitched some non-quality starts, Strop's ERA has soared (on a small number of innings--he has had three bad outings in 14 appearances), and it looks like Arrieta isn't taking a regular turn in the rotation. Update in Jake: http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/23974/arrietas-early-exit-puts-stress-on-pen?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Edited by LA2

o

(MAY 11th)

MARK REYNOLDS

MARK REYNOLDS

MARK REYNOLDS

MARK REYNOLDS

MARK REYNOLDS

MARK REYNOLDS

MARK REYNOLDS

(MAY 21st)

Reynolds hit a grand-clam home run in the top the 1st inning this afternoon to pace the Brewers to a much-needed 6-1 victory over the Braves.

Arrieta went 6 strong innings tonight. Struck out 7 walked 1 and gave up a solo shot to a torrid Seth Smith in the first.

That was it. Four hits including the HR and they pulled him after getting out of the 6th striking out the last batter he faced.

They're still trying to build up his innings.

(MAY 21st)

Reynolds hit a grand-clam home run in the top the 1st inning this afternoon to pace the Brewers to a much-needed 6-1 victory over the Braves.

(MAY 23rd)

2 more home runs for the Markster last night.

11 overall on the season.

That's a little premature I think. The only problem I had with taking Hendriks off the 40 man is that I believe we had both Chris Jones and Mike Belfiore still on the roster at that time. I think DD does a great job with roster management but he screwed up this time. Much rather have Hendriks, a starter who had put up strong numbers in AAA and failed in the majors, than mediocre AAA LH relievers like Belfiore and Jones.

Hendriks numbers were very good in 2012 and even better to start this year. He's 25. His stuff is average but he's a command and control guy who hasn't established that part at the ML level. Intriguing at the least. Sorry Weams but you are more of a homer than just about anyone on here. If Hendriks were an Oriole you wouldn't say what you did.

BTW, we had a thread when Hendriks was lost and here's what I said at the time.

It will be interesting to see what he does that rest of the year. If Toronto makes the playoffs and Hendriks is in the rotation does that mean he can pitch in a winning team's rotation?

I am not a fan of Gonzalez and Chen in our rotation. I believe in better pitching. And I am an Oriole fan. I wish we had kept both Hendriks and Redmond. For depth. And you are right. Belfiore and Jones should have gone first.

That's a little premature I think. The only problem I had with taking Hendriks off the 40 man is that I believe we had both Chris Jones and Mike Belfiore still on the roster at that time. I think DD does a great job with roster management but he screwed up this time. Much rather have Hendriks, a starter who had put up strong numbers in AAA and failed in the majors, than mediocre AAA LH relievers like Belfiore and Jones.

Hendriks numbers were very good in 2012 and even better to start this year. He's 25. His stuff is average but he's a command and control guy who hasn't established that part at the ML level. Intriguing at the least. Sorry Weams but you are more of a homer than just about anyone on here. If Hendriks were an Oriole you wouldn't say what you did.

BTW, we had a thread when Hendriks was lost and here's what I said at the time.

It will be interesting to see what he does that rest of the year. If Toronto makes the playoffs and Hendriks is in the rotation does that mean he can pitch in a winning team's rotation?

I would be upset if Liam were one of our starters.

So you are upset that Chen and Gonzalez are Oriole starters? What about Norris? What about Jimenez at 50M? Who are you okay with?

I think that we could improve the Chen and Gonzalez spots yes. I am fine with the other three.

L J Hoes optioned to triple-A

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Astros&src=hash">#Astros</a> officially recall OF Robbie Grossman from Triple A OKC and option OF L.J. Hoes to Triple A. Grossman will be in uniform tomorrow.</p>— Houston Astros (@astros) <a href="

">May 25, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think that we could improve the Chen and Gonzalez spots yes. I am fine with the other three.

Weren't you one of the vocal posters that wanted Norris as our closer?

Chen has always scared me but had been brilliant the past 2 seasons. He deserves a longer leash.

Gonzo, like Norris, gets no respect as usual.

To RZNJ's point, your not concerned about Jimenz or perhaps a hurt Tillman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk